Simple Questions Thread (Newbie friendly 🙂)

A cheque should match the name on the account it’ll be paid into. From a bank’s perspective, you could be paying in a cheque intended for someone else with a similar name for all they know.

Could the issuer write you another one?

1 Like

Hi All, On MonzoApp, how would I reconcile a receipt (paper slip or Apple Wallet) against a transaction in my history? Is that a thing?
Thx in advance.

You mean add a receipt to a transaction?

If you have the paper slip, you can tap ‘Add Receipt’ within the transaction and it’ll give you the option to take or upload a photo of the receipt to go alongside it.

1 Like

OK that’s good. However what I’d like to do is reconcile transactions against receipts ie confirm the transaction is one that I recognise. previously I have had paper statements and then tick off transactions against actual receipts & bin the receipt (very boring) - I would like to be able to simply tick off a transaction to confirm its OK, therefore highlighting those I don’t have receipts for. I personally find this essential if I do not check my account every day, as transactions can mount up and it is easy to miss a transaction that is fraudulent.

would the notification in app not confirm whether you recognise most transactions and those that you dont recognise need further investigation for fraud ?

2 Likes

Just a slight change in approach as @anon95680666 said would be the solution :blush:

Since transactions with Monzo are instant you will instantly get a notification on your phone for each one. You therefore don’t need to make a list each week to check them off because you can do this live when the transaction happens in the shop :+1:

The advantage of this is that should a payment notification come through for a transaction you don’t recognise (while you’re on the toilet for example), you can act on it immediately instead of picking it up several days later when you make your “list” :tada:

3 Likes

yep I like the idea on monza, as I’m thinking of changing my whole approach to banking. My current system is a pain, however its taking a bit of re-organising in actual and brain terms - eg. if I set up a joint account I can’t verify my wife’s transactions until I get home. Once home its fine if we do this daily I guess.
Are monzo easy to contact and help with any queries on account should they occur ?

1 Like

If you have a joint account you both get a notification when a transaction happens.

You’re right that would have to verify it with your wife when you got home but I’m sure you would equally recognise if they were legit or not from all the extra details you get from Monzo.

I say this because you must know your wifes shopping habits and such, so if you suddenly see a notification for a transaction at Tesco in Portsmouth and you generally shop in Sainsburys in York there is something amiss :smiley:

Monzo are great for responding fast to urgent queries if you did spot a fraudulent transaction :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea they’re easy to get hold of, you have in app chat which is easiest or there’s a phone number on the back of the card for emergencies :slight_smile:

1 Like

is there a limit on how much I can pay into my account each month ie my salary ? and is there a limit on cash withdrawals daily ?

You can pay as much as you like into your account, however if it is cash this is limited to £1,000 every 180 days. Since Monzo is more digital and have less of a physical presence like current banks do with branches.

Daily cash withdrawal limit from ATMs is £400 :+1:

so cash withdrawals are not limited to £1000 over 180 days ? thanks

Here are all the limits.

1 Like

1 Like

Good day Mr. Richard Cook Tell me, does your bank work with Ukraine?

And another question, does the Monzo application on the mobile device support contactless authorization at an ATM to receive cash?

Monzo does work in the Ukraine but if you mean can you have an account if you live there, then the answer is no. You need to be a UK resident.

The second question you asked about contactless ATMs… Yes it can be used there too :slight_smile:

Is there going to be a new round of crowdfunding in 2019 or 2020?

1 Like

They haven’t announced any new ones as of yet :slightly_smiling_face: