Show us your speed

This is disgusting.
I’m in a managed London office and this is all I get!

I think I’ve become a bit of an internet snob tbh, which isn’t good. I ended up switching at my home address to Virgin media business (its only about £10 more a month compared to home) but in addition you get 5 static IP address, 12 hour SLA for connection and a direct account manager should you need to ring rather than endless hours on the phone.

1 Like

Just standard 80/20 FTTP here. Sadly still to expensive to justify going faster and my ISP doesn’t go faster :frowning:

chart

I’m guessing you work from home?
I could see it being worth it if I worked from home full-time. My home connection just isn’t fast enough or reliable enough for me to do that — whenever I do it can cause problems with client calls.

Often I work from home but it’s more the frustration of the calls from other people that are at home more than me and ring up every time there is an issue or its “down”, and everyone seems to have TV, phone, tablet and a bloody laptop on the internet at once, so if any of them cause me slow speeds it infuriates me! ha

You have the right idea for sure!

In the outbuilding I ‘live’ in, I get around 20-35Mbps as I have to use a powerline adapter.

In the main building, it’s always 100-110Mbps (virgin).

At my Mum’s house, it’s around 3.5-4Mbps, which is useless for a household of between 4 and 5 people.

At university with an Ethernet cable, I’ve got it to go up to 900Mbps before.

Units
Mbps: Megabits per second
MB/s: Megabytes per second, equal to 8Mbps.

Liam

Virgin Media - 358 Mbps down and 19.4 Mbps up
The Phone Co-op Business (which is TalkTalk VDSL) 52.7 Mbps down and 18.8 Mbps up

I tried to switch to Virgin Media’s business package for work purposes, but they didn’t know what to do with my TV and phone line as it was all part of a bundle. I started to get worried they would mess it up so I cancelled the order.

We dont have TV or phone, everything we get TV wise is streamed, and everyone gets calls on mobile or VOIP for work.

Best thing I ever did was tv cable cutting - who needs to watch on a schedule, watch it when we like :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used to get significantly faster speeds than this… I’m not sure what’s changed tbh. I know I’m paying for 150 or something.

Never mind! Speedtest appeared to be connected to the wrong server.

That’s a bit more like it :joy:

Virgin media 200mb speed for broadband.

:pensive:

Speed right now (logging in to my Amplifi), wee bit slower than normal, but the wife is working from home.

Usually hit around 100Mbps (virgin media, SH2 in modem mode connected to Amplifi HD actually improved my connection, used to be a lot slower before)

Largely happy with the service I get, but had a few issues creep up over the past few months.

Namely: occasionally very high ping, and (intermittent) complete loss of internet access. Going to have a rant to VM support once I check it’s nothing I’ve done.

Sounds normal to me, parents have VM and the internet’s always going off.

About 13-14 down and 0.5 up. Sucks!

Hey,

Just having a bit of a cleanup :broom: , I’ve merged some posts with this thread to keep the chatter all in one place.
Hope you don’t mind :slight_smile:

Please stop

4 Likes

Network: Three
In/Out: Inside
Phone: iPhone 6s