Shared Tabs & Splitwise 🤷‍♂️

Hi Ole, interesting to hear your point of view above! Unfortunately, the non-priority feature is the one I would value most highly at the moment. That and/or being able to change the split.

I think it would be useful to be able to settle the tab in increments, for instance if I buy my mate dinner because they don’t get paid for a week so can only afford half their share, I feel it would be ideal for me to split the whole tab between us then see that they have paid off a section rather than having to get a transfer from them and then factor that in to the split and remember the reason for the odd split.

The same thing can happen with big spend items, say my flatmate buys something expensive for our flat and I can’t pay off my share in full. Instead we agree that I will pay my half off over the course of a month or two (weekly on pay day), the only way for us to track that in a shared tab is to remove the item and split it again each time I transfer him a bit of money or to use notes and then delete the shared tab. Being able to pay down the balance (or adjust the split without removing the item) would make this all a lot easier.

I understand there might be issues I haven’t foreseen with allowing this, but for me it would be a great quality of life improvement! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think adding a cash transaction which he owes you for tha amount you paid each time would work.

I agree that being able to partially pay off a tab would be great though.

Hey Ole

Any chance you could put forward the idea of being able to edit the name of a shared tab please?

I have about 10 shared tabs currently going, and have about 25 settled tabs, but a lot of them could of just kept going if the name could of been edited.

Thanks

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.