Segment joint account transactions by user

Love the joint accounts to help us keep track of where we’re spending.

Would be great if we could see a breakdown by person and also the transactions that were on behalf of us both.

7 Likes

How would the bank know who a transaction was ‘on behalf of’?

I’m not sure I understand what you mean.

I think they mean it shows you who initiated each transaction on the joint account feed. And there was a filter to only show one or the other as part of the search.

Ah yeah, who initiated it. Then it would be great as a summary each month to see each person or the payments on behalf of both people. You could then see a further summary at category type eg bills, groceries

I think what @Feathers is trying to say (and please correct me if I’m wrong Mike), but how would Monzo know what transactions were for both joint account holders?

The spend would be attributed to one card or another - Unless you could manually tap on the transaction, and assign it to both after the purchase has been made.

I agree that it would be great to have a breakdown by card holder, I’ve said the same before - A quick “filter/search” to be able to see my specific spend, or my wife’s specific spend would be really useful.

But it’s the “payments on behalf of both” that would be impossible to work out currently - Unless I’m missing something.

Yes, that’s what I meant. :slight_smile: