See your credit score in MonzošŸ“Š

Iā€™mā€¦ ambivalent on this feature TBH.

Itā€™s nice to have it in the app, but I can already see it elsewhere. Iā€™m sure others will find it hugely beneficial though and Iā€™m gonna file this (feature and thread) under ā€˜more important to othersā€™.

Good that Monzo are still adding new stuff.

5 Likes

Until a couple of months ago, Barclays showed Experian info. Theyā€™ve canned this now. I donā€™t know of any other banks that do it?

2 Likes

Stop using big words on a Monday that I need to Google the meaning of :rofl:

4 Likes

Do Capital One still do Credit Wise? I know that was technically a seperate app but it was only available Cap1 customers was it not?

ā€œā€¦for which I need to Google the meaningā€¦ā€? :joy:

5 Likes

Allow me:

Youā€™re welcome.

4 Likes

To check for my credit score you would need to know what credit cards I own and if I been paying back regularly. How is Monzo going to know without long forms?

They are pulling it from the credit karma API

1 Like

Theyā€™re one of the factors lenders might take into account when youā€™re applying for credit cards, loans, phone contracts or rental agreements.

No, no theyā€™re not.

2 Likes

Love this, well done Monzo!!

Just a shame itā€™s the worst credit agency :frowning:

2 Likes

Weā€™ve been thoughtful about this, @phildawson! Weā€™ll show this info contextually within this screen :blush:

11 Likes

Agree Rob,they are the only bank I know doing this for their customers :blush:

1 Like

I think itā€™s a good idea to help people realise on what stage of ā€œFinancial Healthā€ they are and create awareness on the topic. A lot of folk do not check those things and they are like ā€œWhat? Why I canā€™t get this loan for my dream car?ā€. Small things like this one makes Monzo a little bit more user friendly regarding Financial Health.

Why? It is a fictional number which has no bearing on anything, as lenders do not see it nor use it to make decisions. Kinda seems like a waste of dev time?

1 Like

@ people who are upset that credit scores arenā€™t real and donā€™t actually mean anything

consider that maybe this feature isnā€™t for you as you have understanding about how credit ā€˜scoresā€™ really work. Instead, for the average user who doesnā€™t go out of their way to see how credit works, this is a really neat feature that can gradually open peopleā€™s eyes and help them improve their credit history.

Not every feature is for everyone, but when you consider Monzoā€™s core values this feature makes total sense and is a welcome addition to what monzo does.

13 Likes

Can we request it be switched on for us, so that we can help test it for Monzo?

I disagree - for people who donā€™t know about credit scores and how they work, it will make them start focusing on the fictional number. NOT showing the number, but a program of education within the app would be better than showing the number.

2 Likes

Letā€™s get ready:
ā€œI have a score of 699 out of 700 and Monzo donā€™t offer me a loanā€
My score is perfect however monzo donā€™t give me an overdraft

5 Likes

I hear what youā€™re saying but I still fail to see focusing on a number is a bad thing. Credit histories are complex and boring and most people donā€™t care. Assigning a number to things and condensing a large problem into a neat package is always going to have itā€™s drawbacks but it makes things easier. And easier is what the average user will want.

Improve your credit history, credit score goes up. Itā€™s only an indicator

Wholeheartedly disagree with this. If people didnā€™t care about their credit before this then trying to educate them with a series of lectures is just gonna push them further away.

From the sounds of things the feature is going to advise people on how to improve things anyway. But if itā€™s done right in monzo language then thats awesome

4 Likes

I forgot one, " I donā€™t need a credit card but the CRA is suggesting me to get one so my pointless number can go up :point_up_2:"

1 Like