Screen mirroring

Are trying to cast from the Facebook app or chrome?

Sorry to deviate just slightly from your post

My neighbours have either got a new phone or a new TV as they are trying to set up screen mirroring, they’ve accidently requested to share to my screen which I have gladly accepted, it’s quite entertaining watching them browse through their phone not realising that everything they are doing is getting displayed on my TV 🤦🤣

2 Likes

A chromecast would do the job if you have a spare HDMI port and £30?

Are you on the same WiFi network?
If not, how does this happen?

2 Likes

No you can pair without having to be on the same network on mine

1 Like

Some devices create their own insecure bluetooth or wifi connection so customers can connect to them easily.

3 Likes

I’ve disconnected them from the screen they were trying to get Disney+ to stream, guessing for the kids to do something. Hopefully now it’s disconnected they’ll find the right TV to connect to :rofl:

1 Like

Probably my subscription then, point still stands thouhg, depending on subscription they can detect it and block it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just had a massive facepalm moment - we have a roku - can I use this?

1 Like

Thank you so much! I will try this later! I feel like a right numpty! :see_no_evil:

No problem :slight_smile: let us know if it works :slight_smile:

Sadly no joy :frowning: To make it work I need a facebook watch app on roku and no such app exists. Nevermind. I was hoping I could airplay to the roku because I can watch appleTV through the roku but it’s not the case. Nevermind!

You may be able to now (depending on what Roku model you have)

That’s interesting indeed.

I’ve not had the best experience with Roku players though - I and a few friends/family have had them and they’ve developed strange faults down the line such as not connecting to WiFi.

I don’t recall ever having such a problem myself. Think I’ve had at least one Roku for the last 5 of 6 years.