Scheduled payments shows as a standing order

Hey…

so I’ve scheduled a payment for a few days time which is all fine but it’s now showing as a Standing order in the recurring payments section…even though it’s not a standing order (definition of a standing order below) as it only happens once not regularly which brings me onto my other point…Why does it appear in Recurring payments screen if its not going to re-occur again it’s happening once.

A standing order (or a standing instruction) is an instruction a bank account holder (“the payer”) gives to his or her bank to pay a set amount at intervals to another’s (“the payee’s”) account. The instruction is sometimes known as a banker’s order.

Tell me if you think I’m barking mad or up the wrong tree but it just doesn’t seem like the right place for it to appear at all or for the terminology to be used as a standing order :man_shrugging:

I think it’s in the right place but agree that perhaps the wording isn’t quite right - maybe “recurring payments” ought to be “scheduled payments”.

But I would say that a single scheduled payment is pretty much a standing order with a very short life. I don’t think that behaviour would surprise me and I would be much more bothered if it didn’t show up anywhere…

A set interval can be once :wink:

So a payment with no recursion is still a standing order :slight_smile:

1 Like

That means that any immediate outbound debit could be classed as a standing order that is destroyed as soon as the payment is complete. That just doesn’t make sense. All guidance on the web suggests that SOs are for regular payments, not single payments. I haven’t experienced this with any other bank. To me, these should be scheduled patents but not SOs.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.