Schedule payments into Pots!

Just set up some schedule payments into pots for next month and no problems setting up. However have just tried removing money from one of my pots and the balance on the pot updated but the transaction has not appeared on my feed. The money seems to have just disappeared. Reported to online support (iOS 2.6.0 from app store)

Update: This has now been fixed. First class support by Monzo in ironing this bug out :ok_hand:

This is really important, I think, especially for those who have a variable income (e.g. if they have a bonus sometimes).

1 Like

Iā€™ve had this for weeks :thinking:

2 Likes

Great progression for the pots feature.

Thank you Monzonaughts

If I could set this up, then choose to pay my direct debits from that pot, Iā€™d probably move to Monzo as my main account. (This might be what a couple of the previous commentators meant, and I didnā€™t quite understand).

3 Likes

Scheduled withdrawals would be good for those that get paid student loans and want to pay themselves a bit each week or month. I guess this can be done with ifft though.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard mentions that a direct debit pot is something that will likely be worked on in the future :honey_pot:

2 Likes

Oh really :eyes:Iā€™ve not seen this?

Edit: just found @tom response here:

2 Likes

I was just about to say Iā€™d found it too :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:joy::blush:

1 Like

He seemed to be saying that on tonightā€™s Q&A. Talked about scheduling money into a pot and paying your bills with it

5 Likes

Brilliant! Any indication how long it might be before we see it :roll_eyes:?

I donā€™t think so

1 Like

Great update :slight_smile: thanks Monzo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone else getting this bug?

Great ideas!
Iā€™d also add Goal of X amount by X date. Ie: help me know how much Iā€™d have to move into the pot every month to achieve the objective of X amount by X date.
This is a brilliant long term budgeting functionality that is very well implemented by YNAB.

1 Like

This is really cool, Iā€™m excited to olay around with it. What would be really awesome though is to be able to enter Ā« variable Ā» amounts. Meaning itā€™d be great it I could tell it the pot to transfer over the remaining of my balance on the evening before my salary comes in. So that each month I am automatically saving what I havenā€™t spent.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve seen it mentioned, but Iā€™d definitely back the ability to move money into pots based on getting paid. Maybe this could be an IFTTT trigger based on Monzo recognising who Iā€™ve received money from and the date.

Iā€™d like to get closer to automating everything at the beginning of the month.

1 Like

IFTTT is a good workaround for now, but I assume most features that donā€™t use another IFTTT service will eventually be done natively in Monzo? :crossed_fingers:

Iā€™d hope that Monzo is getting some anonymous usage data from IFTTT so they can work out the most popular functionality - with a view to potentially making it naive in the future.

1 Like

Looks great!!

Iā€™m looking forward to being able to schedule Direct Debits straight from Pots. I think thatā€™ll revolutionise the Pots feature!

6 Likes