Save £1,378 a year with the 52 Week Savings Challenge

I’m doing the 1p savings challenge and also using round ups for a specific pot that I locked until the end of the year. Currently have nearly £300 in there already.

It’s through IFTTT. Pretty sure it’s under the Monzo services ones

Found it! Thanks, I must’ve missed it the first time I looked.

I am completely new to IFTTT, I have found the Monzo 52 week challenge but how do I reconfigure it to trigger on a Tuesday morning instead of Monday?

I’m doing the daily challenge and the weekly challenge into separate pots, it’s going pretty well but the weekly one is starting to ramp up now!

I also have IFTTT set up to add to my ISA when I run with Strava and hit my daily goal on Fitbit.

I’m saving more now than ever, just small chunks but it’s going really well… combining that with making sure I’m not paying for silly subscriptions I don’t use and other small money saving things like paying annually for Amazon Prime, car insurance, home insurance etc. where they used to be monthly payments I was paying a premium for the benefit, now I don’t!

Also, nice way to get extra money is using Quidco for cash back on most purchases. Basically my main goal is to save more but not notice the difference too much by being a bit more financially savvy.

1 Like

Without creating a new thread, I’ve searched the forum and IFTTT and can’t find the answer.

Is there a reverse version of this challenge via IFTTT? So £52 week one, £51 week two etc… I’m trying to find it but can’t.

If not, could anybody create one please?

1 Like

The time has come, how did everyone get on?

£2500 with 2 weeks to go :grin: :grin: :grin:
(£50 every payday)
Now… what to spend all that interest on :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

So?..

So what?

I’m not really into sharing things like this, money shaming is bad, money gloating is bad.

When I said ‘ask me in December’ I was pointing out that this was a year long challenge which, unless my maths is wrong, isn’t even finished.

I’m really sorry if I made you uncomfortable @gmclean, I didn’t mean to just call you out individually,

My intention was just to give people the chance to share their experience with the Savings Challenge if they wanted too

4 Likes

Hey @leokop or any other staff member. Is there any chance somebody could create this please so that we can do the 52 week challenge in reverse automatically with IFTTT? It’s nearly time to start a new challenge in January! Thanks.

1 Like

I asked for this a while ago, not only on here but on FB and Twitter too

I think you interpreted this rather badly.

You insinuated you were doing this challenge… so i think this was more so a general question to see if you stuck to the challenge or not?

Same way is if a friend told me they set themselves a new years goal to lose x amount of weight a month, if i asked them how they were getting on that would hardly be body shaming would it?

8 Likes

General question on IFTTT challenges… do these auto update for themselves to the new year?

Looks like the URL structure for the blog has changed but there are no redirects setup and the original post hasn’t been updated.

1st post links to the below which returns a 404:

https://monzo.com/blog/2019/04/24/52-week-savings-challenge/

When actually it is:

https://monzo.com/blog/52-week-savings-challenge

Easy tiger, we were just wondering :joy: you literally said ask us in December haha?

4 Likes
> says ask me x
> someone asks x
> how dare you ask me x

:thinking:

6 Likes

When do you have to set this up in order for it to automatically start first week in January??

The first week in January :thinking: