Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) chat

Nope don’t have one anymore, I honestly forgot they were a thing it’s been that long since I had one.

It should be fully activated with no restrictions once you have used the “enable card reader” function with any card reader.

That function really just switches it to the mode where the system expects you to have a card reader, rather than the restricted mode.

2 Likes

RBS app up and running as of this morning. Still not sure if everything is finally sorted or not, still no card reader.

Says I can’t view spending tab yet or set up biometric approval yet.

6 Likes

If you don’t want to wait you should be able to use any other card reader from another bank. Or you can head to your nearest NatWest group branch and steal one from there.

3 Likes

I haven’t owned a card reader for years and I don’t know anyone else who does either, I asked around this morning. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I found one buried in the draw of an old desk a few months back. No idea what bank its from. Came in handy when I got my new phone and needed it for Barclays.

2 Likes

I’ve got a drawer with at least 10 in it. Just had a look at them and it looks like the battery has run out in the oldest ones.

2 Likes

Feel free to disregard this but genuinely interested into why you’ve gone down the card
Reader route, which I presume wasn’t intentional.

I’ve had a NatWest account for a while but haven’t had to use a card reader for some time.

I appreciate this is a RBS thread but I thought they used the same systems even if they were branded differently.

My account is brand new and the digital banking when I set it up kept insisting on sending me one and I need to enable it in my account.

I personally haven’t gone down this route by choice.

3 Likes

I switched a spare account to Nat West a couple of years ago for the bonus and they also insisted on sending me a card reader.

In fact, when it arrived, it produced invalid codes and they had to send me a completely new debit card.

2 Likes

Interesting.

It’s possible things have long changed (been with the same banking group for some time) but good luck with your account.

1 Like

Card reader just arrived, set it up with digital banking. Just waiting on being able to use biometric approval now, just keeps saying it’s not available for me yet.

3 Likes

New app update available now able to view card details and pin plus a few other updates

2 Likes

Nice

1 Like

Just opened my RBS account and definitely like it.

I do actually like their whole “outdoors” theme for their imagery as I find it quite relaxing (e.g. their cards, email, shown below).

There are some features that currently aren’t working but I assume that is because I only just opened the account. The only thing that does seem to be an issue is adding the card to Google Pay as I’m apparently meant to be able to do this before I get the physical card, but every time I try, it says I have a Wi-Fi issue.

4 Likes

Looks super nice. Were it not that I have a Natwest account (so no real benefit in changing) Id probably bank with them.

I agree, the beach huts and theme isn’t all that bad

2 Likes

Much better than Natwest’s current design theme. Really don’t know what they were thinking…

Just waiting for my physical card to turn up, but definitely like it based on the pictures.

1 Like

I’m weird in that I don’t mind it. I’m hoping they also put PIN in app soon. Would be really interested to understand what level of shared codebase they have

1 Like

A little taste of escapism every time you take out your card.

Jeez. It’s a shed.

3 Likes

With nice bright colours, the sea and the sky. It is hardly just “a shed”.