Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) chat

Couldn’t find an RBS thread but please merge if there is one

New savings rate for the regular saver account

5 Likes

Oh, I like that! Is it still only up to £1k?

That’s pretty good even if it is limited to 1k, I’m guessing it’s instant access?

Yes instant access and you can go over £1,000 but rate drops to 0.50% and limited to £150 deposit a month

1 Like

Have changed the thread title, to make it easier for others to find it, as you had problems.

5 Likes

I’ve updated the title cos Natwest are also offering this

Was more setting this up as a RBS thread as doesn’t seam to be one

3 Likes

Changed the title — yet again – to simply say RBS. Too much info in the title might make it harder to search. I suggest we settle on this given @dudesuper’s intention to have it as a general topic?

6 Likes

Ah so I guess you can’t just dump £1k in and leave it to collect interest?

Fine, apologies if I causes any upset

Anyway, NatWest also offer this as they are part of the same group. And, debatably, a better card :slight_smile:

It would be cool for the budgeting to be shared between the two app’s, so I could have an RBS/Drummonds card for spending and Natwest for everything else

1 Like

There’s a separate NatWest thread though – and this wasn’t just about the savings

1 Like

You can put it in £150 a time (plus roundups if you spend from your RBS account)

3 Likes

Sadly, the interest rate drops to 0.50% over £1k and as has been said you can only put up to £150 a month in

3 Likes

When my RBS account is up and running I’ll put £150 a month in until it hits £1k then leave it I guess!

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve done. Exactly a grand in there now. Stopped the SO once hit.

2 Likes

Just got the email my account has been opened and I should have access in the next 24 hours, I take it you just open the saver through the app?

3 Likes

Yes, you can open in app

2 Likes

Just got an email saying my RBS select account is ready to go, don’t seem to be able to do anything though as I don’t have a debit card or customer number yet, I guess it will come in the post with my debit card?

If you do a livechat with them or ring them they can usually tell you the information you need just from your details.

3 Likes

If all the info will come in the post with my card I’m not too worried about getting the info ASAP, can happily wait a few days.

I’ve been spoilt by fintech banks and just assumed I’d get all the info in the email so I could set up the app. :laughing:

2 Likes