Rising fintechs to watch

Interesting article from Sifted, focusing on smallish consumer-facing UK Fintechs in 9 different categories (with smallish defined as those who have raised less than £35 in funding to date - ruling out the likes of Monzo, Starling, Revolut, Transferwise, and OakNorth):

I’ve tried 4 in the list (Jaja, Cuvva, Brolly, Plum) but there were quite a few I hadn’t heard of.

I’m surprised the list didn’t include any fintechs that focus on small/freelance business finance (e.g. Coconut), but perhaps they don’t consider them consumer facing. Also surprised no mention of Freetrade, preferring to highlight Plum instead.

What are your thoughts on the list?

What other smallish fintechs do you think should be considered as ‘ones to watch’ (regardless of whether or not they are UK-focussed or consumer-facing)?

I was surprised JaJa had so many employees. Suppose it’s more to do with things other than their credit cards

Perhaps. They did after all power a working product (ASDA flexible payments) before they started their credit card beta.

1 Like

Jaja also bought Bank of Ireland’s UK credit card business so could have gained staff that way.

3 Likes

Honestly, Farewill seems like the most interesting. I despised Plum when I last tried it.

1 Like

45 isn’t that many. They will have 100’s once they start issuing Post Office/AA cards…