Inspired by the number of DDs threat by @HoddzDJ, I thought short reviews of your direct debit companies would be interesting:
- Bristol Energy - AMAZING.
– Customer service done right
– Not the cheapest but pretty cheap and I’m on a green plan.
– Highly recommended.
- Vodafone - Good, could be better, could be worse.
– Customer service is excellent
– I wish they supported VoLTE and WiFi calling on unlocked Android phones (at least the Pixel series, come on…).
– The network is… great in some places, ok in others.
– Even on iPhone, WiFi calling bizarrely doesn’t cover SMS!
- American Express - the best rewards around.
– The Rewards Credit Card is a great deal. Membership Rewards points (convertible to Delta SkyMiles) on a free card. Can’t beat that!
– Customer service is mixed. At times great, at times horrible.
– Hope your card never gets a fraud block - most card companies are polite, apologetic, and professional in dealing with these. Amex is at best okay but bizarre (it feels like itself is phishing…), and at worst (I’ve had two, so comparing only two) absolutely rude (implicitly accusing you of being an identity thief before getting any info) and horrible.
- Aqua - decent starter card.
– Okay to terrible CS
– Bizarre ban on contactless overseas
– Easy card to get
– Relatively good rewards
– No FTF.
- MBNA - great customer service, great (but discontinued) product. No complaints!
As a bonus, I’ll add Relish - who won’t switch my DD to Monzo. They have a terrible network, performance issues, poor hardware with security issues in the default config, etc…