RESOLVED: Monzo Services Degraded/Outage - Card Payments may fail (16/01/18)

Ouch — I keep most money inside pots and then transfer to may ‘main’ account as needed (to introduce a bit of friction and reduce frivolous spending). Might have to reconsider that strategy!

1 Like

I guess Monzo staff are busy… But would be good to have a brief statement on this. I am having issues as well :unamused:

1 Like

I just tried to use my card (Current Account) and it declined (no notification).

The app began updating again which is why I tried my card, thinking the service was operational again, however the app has since stopped working again. Strange.

1 Like

App is failing for me entirely now. Crashing and saying can’t update balance. Over an hour now so this is quite concerning.

1 Like

Just seen the in-app notification. Not been a good week with three issues thus far for the current account. I do hope we get see a root cause from @Oliver again :slight_smile:

It would be good to expand on the Resolved status to include some more detail other than its been fixed.

1 Like

Monzo use to be proactive @oliver actually wrote the post below when an outage happened due to GPS issues but I am little surprised and concerned that no one from Monzo seems to be willing to give anything away today. Rather unusual :hushed:

2 Likes

People have short memories. Not so long ago that Starling was up and down like an up and down thing.

2 Likes

I’m really sorry, that is because all the engineers are working on getting things back up and running :confused: A more detailed explanation will be forthcoming soon

5 Likes

Appreciate this Hugh but a brief statement could come from any responsible Monzo Staff. All the explanation could be given when everything is back up and running.

1 Like

How they can explain what happend at this stage ?
Firstly they have to find an issue and fix it…
And only then… when it will be fixed give an explanation…

1 Like

Starling never had so many issues as Monzo had with pre paid card…
But fully agree with you… it’s a bit silly due to today’s outage leave Monzo…

2 Likes

My other half was in Morrisons paying for the shopping and the card declined. Luckily she had another with her.

Do stats exist for this or is this anecdotal?

Starling conceals service outage history where Monzo does not. Openness goes a long way but can also be used as a stick to beat them with.

7 Likes

I think Monzo and Starling were using the same processor and had exact same issues at the same time.

Also, bear in mind since Monzo CA launch this only the 2nd big outage unlike quite a few GPS/Starling incidents.

2 Likes

I think a reactive statement in here would have been better. You don’t need an engineer to explain. You need a community member Cops to have access to a status page just as the engineers do.

2 Likes

That may be down to when they went in to GPS and worked with their staff to minimize potential problems for Starling cardholders

1 Like

Using reactive messages on social media and communities go a long way to reduce load on a contact centre :+1:t2:

1 Like

This :point_up_2:

A brief reassurance could go a long way Monzo.

4 Likes

2 hours…

I think an update is becoming vital now.