Reply and add comments to payment private messages

Be able to reply/add a comment/emoji to the private messages that are sent when paying a contact. My mum sends money in app and leaves a note ie. ‘Thanks for the groceries’. Would be great to be able to send a little thumbs up, or just a simple message back.

3 Likes

I’d simply love to be able to add notes to transactions from Monzo.me. I’ve had times where a friend hasn’t left a note and it’d help to remind me what the payment was for.

I would assume for Monzo to Monzo payments it may be implementable but between other banks the industry specifications do not include emojis or certain punctuation or accented characters

This would be really helpful, even if restricted to plain text characters when sending to bank accounts other than Monzo.

This has happened to me a few times and notes would definitely help me organise incoming transfers better. It supports the bigger aim of providing a comprehensive at-a-glance overview of your finances in the app too.

4 Likes

Payment reactions are something we have on our radar :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Yeah, I really like this idea. Even if it’s just a simple acknowledgement button like a FB “Like” that pings the other person.