Renaming your payments to your other bank accounts and better app security?

Don’t know if everyone else feels the same way but I have a few other accounts outside of Monzo that I transfer money to such as ISA’s and other bank accounts used for bills in my name. I’ve noticed that I couldn’t name my other accounts such as “Nationwide account” or “Barclays account” I just have 3 banks I’ve sent money to just says my first name and last name, would be a lot easier to know what bank you’re sending it to!

I’d much prefer the option of touchID or passcode to get into my Monzo app.

You can change the payee name to whatever you want. It doesn’t have to be your name if it’s your savings account for example. Although, this may change in the future (about a year I think) where the name you put will have to match.

However, Monzo is generally aiming to become the hub for all your external accounts so there will undoubtedly be a better way to link these to you in the future.

You can turn on biometric lock/authentication in the app settings for extra privacy if you wish too.

1 Like

You can change the payee name to whatever you want.

That’s incorrect. I’ve checked both iOS and Android, plus I just checked with Monzo support. The only way to change the name of a payee is to delete the whole thing and give a different name when your recreate. Not the same thing…

So, I endorse this suggestion. It seems like a very small thing to have left out.

1 Like

I agree that this would be a good idea and +1 from me.

If it had the ability to add an alias or nickname (as with other banking apps) then this will also work with the new coming legislation etc

As it is now, the only way is to delete and recreate with a usable identifier.

This feature has already been suggested. You can vote for it here:

The ability to require Touch ID to get into your Monzo app already exists.