Refunded then second payment taken

I recently ordered some sunglasses from Ray Ban and the amount was strangely refunded into my Monzo account yesterday morning before they arrived later in the day. Another payment has now been taken out of my account by the trading company (Luxoticca) this morning.

Should they be able to charge my account again? I didnt supply then with my 3 digit number since the original transaction. It’s odd that they would take payment, refund me and then take payment again.

Happy to pay for them, just concerned as to the manner in which I have been charged.

Yes this is normal, although uncommon. I believe Luxoticca may have failed to properly process/collect the payment in time so it was automatically refunded. It was essentially pending. However, they still have a right to request the payment again.

2 Likes

This is likely exactly what happened. :slightly_smiling_face:

It is worth stating that merchants can technically charge your card for however much they want whenever they want, with or without security details, but that doesn’t always mean they are right to though. :sweat_smile:
In this case, they are collecting money you agreed to pay, even if a system refunded it to you because they were slow to do so.

1 Like

I love learning bits of stuff like this.

Bet you thought for a brief moment that you had managed to get a free pair of Ray Bans - bummer :-1:

2 Likes

Are you telling us all to heart your post? :joy:

1 Like

Hahaha hint hint :wink: :laughing:

1 Like

Looks like @Ordog is after a reply from my point of view;

1 Like