Recent payees list for current accounts

(Jami Welch) #21

That’s the plan! Thanks for the feedback everyone - hopefully this will reach you in the next week or so.

(Frank) #22

I think the ideal would be that you create payees in a contacts style. With Monzo users being the initial list that you would then expand as you make payments. So if my friend is a monzo user but wants me to send money to another bank I can add the new details to that user rather than having two payees in the list.

I would also like to remove payees (excluding monzo) as their details may change over time (close/chance accounts).

(John Driscoll) #23

I definitely back the idea of allowing a user to sort the list. There’s a bunch of people out there with a bunch of different reasons why they need their list to be sorted just so, and sometimes in a UI, it’s the frustration of not being able to have things the way they need to be for you, which rubs against people each and every time they use the app. It’s a small thing but it really makes a big difference.

(MikeF) #24

Again, in the full app I agree. For this thread, however, lets get the work around available now and do the full-featured stuff when we get there.

(Ben) #25

Being able to add a picture to each payee would be helpful.

Also, please make storing the reference number optional. It’s super-annoying when I receive money with a weird reference because the sender’s bank insists on always using the same one.

(Justin Seals) #26

What about a star or favourite option? So the top few payees you pay regularly stick at the top?

Looking much better. I see the latest iOS update has improved it a little. but no details listed with the payee yet. I’d be happy with alphabetical order.

How long does it take to go from the proposed design like in post 1 to an updated app?

(Andre Borie) #28

Would it be possible to rename payees? I accidentally put the wrong name and now it’s bugging me as there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to change it.

(Patrick) #29

Stupid question here - I haven’t tried paying anyone yet. Are standing orders (scheduled, repeating payments) available yet?

I didn’t think they were so didn’t bother looking. But reading this thread now I’m confused.

(Andre Borie) #30

Yes they are, try to make a payment, after you enter account details and amount it asks you whether you want to make a payment now or set up a standing order/scheduled payment.

(Patrick) #31

Ah right. I’m mulling over switching my salary to Monzo… That’s what I was waiting for.

(James Murray-Ferris) #32

A thought for the future…if and when you have some sort of joint :couple: account could we share payees that each other has paid :eyes:

(Jolin) #33

Or what about an easy way to send the payee details to someone else using the share sheet. Ideally the details (sort code, account number, and reference) would be both human readable but also tappable to open Monzo and fill out a new payment form. That way I could message the details to someone who needs to pay the same payee.

(Brad Campbell) #34

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

(Michael Armstrong) #35

Hey Monzo, loving the current account but it would be good when making BACS payments to remember the last reference to make it simpler when paying credit card bills etc. Usually the reference number is your card number and you can’t copy / paste from the previous entry.

Thanks

Michael

(Marta) #36

Hi @m80arm :wave: Welcome to The Community :wink:

I moved your post here, as community had some feedback after we got the sneak peek for Recent payees list. Opinions about repeating reference were also mentioned, so you’re not the only one! If you have anything else to add to this area in the app, feel free! :smiley:

(Stephen Morris) #38

A little quirk I’ve noticed about the recent payees list is that regardless of what you call a payee, if you receive a payment from the same account and the bank that sends it reports a different account holder name, it overwrites the name you assigned.

As an example, the missus and I have a joint account at Nationwide. I set up a payment called “Joint account” and all was fine, but when I sent something the other way, the payee name was changed to “Morris Stephen”. Just thought I’d mention it, you know. It’s not going to give me sleepless nights, but it would be good to know that the finished article won’t do that.

(Frank) #39

Can we see some more sneak peaks for this functionality please. :slightly_smiling_face:

(James Murray-Ferris) #40

I’m not sure incoming payments are dealt with yet as all incoming payments look a bit less polished than most free items.