Receiving a large CHAPS Payment

I was trying to stretch the metaphor to make it make sense. No distortion intended (or I think, actual).

The metaphor falls down because if I pay TNT to deliver a point to point package then it’s just TNT that’s responsible. But we’re talking about a network with lots of providers, a core interchange function and different companies providing the end points. In which case the post network (where Royal Mail almost always does the last mile) but others can provide collection and sorting is probably a better, although not perfect, metaphor.

I think I’m out. But my advice to @D3LL remains - it can’t harm to contact Monzo. So I’d do that (as well as asking the sender what happened). But in the meantime, I’ll leave the passionate folk to it. :wave:

No point contacting Monzo until the day is over with. CHAPS is a same day payment so as mentioned above it’s still got a while to get yet before a search party needs sending out to find the lost lonely payment.

2 Likes

If someone said they were getting a taxi to your house and would be with you by 7pm. You wouldn’t phone the taxi company to find out where they were.

Banking systems are complex and probably more realistically, people lie!

Hopefully it’s appeared by now.

3 Likes

Thanks all for the comments. The payment went it at around half 2. Finally.

Thanks for the advice.

9 Likes