Questions about topping up

Hi all,

I have recently joined Monzo - so far I really like it! Great to budget and the instant transactions against my balance is superb.

I am just a little concerned my bank would not like me to top up using Android Pay as perhaps my bank would rather I use my debit card issued by them? What are your thoughts?

One of my top ups (from Halifax - not my main bank Santander) via Android Pay declined. So I was thinking perhaps Halifax/Lloyds may not accept Monzo? However, topping up by Santander via Android Pay worked fine.

Has anyone encountered any difficulties with banks and Monzo?

Thanks!
BW.
flyingblue380

You would have less issues if you added money via bank transfer. Topping up can sometimes be flagged by certain banks for fraud. Although this is rare.

1 Like

I’ve not used Halifax, but have had no problems with TSB, Nationwide, or Santander. They were all topping up the prepaid card, though, not the current account.

1 Like

I will try this instead!

The banks don’t really care in my experience, the end result is the same.

The attempted Halifax top-up almost certainly got caught by a fraud flag, you’d need to call Lloyds to get it unblocked :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.