Pulse Graph - Display Date When Balance Will Hit 0

It would be useful if the graph included a label showing the date when my balance will hit 0. At the moment, it’s hard to tell exactly when that will be.

Hopefully this could be incorporated into the upcoming redesign of the graph?

3 Likes

You’re not the only one who thinks this would be a great idea.

https://community.monzo.com/t/the-pulse-zero-funds-indication/5854?u=beningreenjam

At the moment though, I don’t see how this would be possible at least until direct debits, standing orders and regular salary income are introduced when becoming a fully featured bank. Without that information how would Monzo know when a balance is predicted to hit zero?

1 Like

:blush: how did I miss that?!

You’re right this is never going to be 100% accurate until we have those things & even then, it’s still an estimate but it’s still good to get some sense of when that date will be.

@hugo it would be great to see this preview :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly, some people are paid at irregular intervals, irregular amounts or both and direct debits can vary from month to month as well.

As you say though, an estimate is better than nothing. The calculation would have to either be based on last month or an average over recent months.

1 Like

Exactly -
I was basing my initial idea on the fact that Mondo keep a rolling track of your average spend (or at least they used to until they removed the feature but that the topic of a another thread… grumble grumble :slight_smile:).

Things do vary but I think a general guide based on trends is definitely helpful.

1 Like

I just came back across this preview which Hugo had already shared here

this functionality doesn’t seem to have gone live as part of the targets release though & the graph isn’t permanently visible at the top of the Home tab either.

It isn’t live no. Perhaps it will be part of the improvement to targets that’s due within the next 3 to 4 months, as indicated by their roadmap - Trello

1 Like

So we’ve worked on different ways to answer that question, “when am I going to run out of money?”. This is the latest solution we have:

Not sure when we’ll have the bandwidth to build it though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Silly question, when can I wxpect to start seeing the graph ?
Been using monzo for 3 weeks now and have more than 50 transactions.

You need a full calendar month of spend & then it’ll appear on the 3rd of the following month.

1 Like

10 more days then :slight_smile:

In that case, you’ll see it on the 3rd November.

I really hope they come up with a better way to determine when it becomes available…

That feature would definitely be useful, it would be nice to not have to think about topping up.

I only top up once a week so it’s not really a problem for me to manage the process manually but I guess it’s are more of an issue for anyone who has to top up more frequently.

Just a suggestion… as it’s not currently clear on your mockup which future transactions will occur on what date and what the balance will be after each future transaction, could we have it so that it appears in transactions feed but faded out?

Or did you already have this in mind? :blush:

Just an idea as I like to know when my utility bill or credit card will be paid up in one handy view.

It works for future dates, yes :slight_smile:

Afraid not, you need a full calendar month, so October is the first full month. You will see the graph come November 3rd.

1 Like