Pride Icons alongside Transactions

I get that a minority of people are against seeing a rainbow for whatever reason. Sadly that’s the reality we live in and some people just can’t be accepting of everyone. My “problem” is that i’m not sure why the comeback to that is a generalisation against a group of other people :man_shrugging:. Seems slightly contradictory but what do i know.

It’s a bit of a blanket statement, but let’s face it, “bigoted heterosexuals who need a slap” is difficult to find a meme for. Also, it rhymes.

3 Likes

Yeh that’s a statement I can back :joy:

Less a slap and more education as to why it should never be an issue in Modern day society.

2 Likes

Lord, I thought you were being ironic but obviously not. You’ve just proved exactly why LGBT visibility is needed. Well done.

4 Likes

I’m not sure @Mogolent has proved anything, other than a general dislike of emojis celebrating days or events in notifications. It was the same discussion we had earlier in the year at the end of Ramadan if I recall correctly.

1 Like

I’ll openly admit that there are loads of things I don’t understand about the LBGT community.

Instead I’m open minded, I ask (sometimes stupid) questions and if an icon helps a group of people feel happy then I’m all for it. Why not? :blush:

2 Likes

Barclays changed their app logo to rainbow. Monzo showed a rainbow emoji.

You were annoyed enough to use the “rage” emoji.

I’d say you have more than just a dislike of rainbows.

6 Likes

Rainbow Chip

Rainbow%20Chip%20(small) Rainbow%20Chip%202(small) Rainbow%20Chip%203(small)

7 Likes

A lot of judging of @Mogolent in a thread all about acceptance.

Questioning the use of the rainbow shouldn’t be automatically shot down. There was an article on the BBC about rainbow capitalism - or companies jumping on Pride to make a profit and not giving enough back to the community.* Luckily, Monzo has a good track record on this :+1: .

*I am not saying Monzo are exploiting Pride.

7 Likes

I’m all for this. I don’t think it’s really in anyone’s face. I had the pride app icon on my phone until plus.

I don’t see judgment. I see a lot of disagreement.

Perhaps if the OP were to actually say why it bothers them so much to see Monzo expressing support for religious and social festivals as it sees fit, then a fuller discussion with both agreement and disagreement can take place.

2 Likes

Another interesting debate/question
Why the rainbow over the asexual flag?

I thought a mod (not coral crew) reviewed flags and can remove them?

On another note. Who marked that comment as the solution :confused:

I like the rainbow :rainbow: next to the payment notifications I think it looks pretty.

1 Like

Coral crew (leaders) cannot review flags but have the ability to immediately hide posts by flagging them which seems a common tactic.

Mods are meant to review flags but I’ve seen posts just sit there.

1 Like

I can immediately hide posts too :sunglasses:

A common tactic for what?

IDK, but as the OP, I’ve just managed to remove it from being so.

2 Likes

Odd you know we used to be called “Leaders” as that was well before your time here. :thinking:

1 Like