Prepaid card

(Nikki Hulse) #1

HELP!!! I’m going travelling on the first of January and really wanted to use Monzo.
I applied for the prepaid card months ago but when I came to the top of the list I had some financial problems so couldn’t load my card and therefore didn’t get one and now its too late!
Is there any chance they will be available again by mid December???
I am on the list and would really like to use Monzo but really need to think about an alternative if it’s not going to be possible, any suggestions???
Thankyou :grinning:

(knows someone who knows Tom quite well) #2

Prepaid is dead, mort, tot, muerto, deddo

(Danny) #3

Really wanna say it’s been swapped for the prepaid plus card but better not :eyes:

(Change Works) #4

I doubt that anyone could say precisely when Monzo will be offering current accounts (prepaid is dead to Monzo now). It could be by the end of December, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Monzo do open accounts and send cards really quickly so you don’t need to rush.

I’d definitely investigate alternatives though.

(Danny) #5

Yes, this is good if you want to use prepaid

https://boonpayment.com/uk/

(Hugh) #6

Just a timely reminder that Monzo is a bank not principally a travel card :wink:

(MikeF) #7

The other thing worth pointing out is the charges for forein currency ATM withdrawals that come into effect on 18th December.

£200 (equivalent) for free and then 3% thereafter.

(Phil Harrison) #9

I recently came back from a touring holiday in northern Italy and used my card extensively while there with no issues.
The only shop I have had an issue using the card is Tesco supermarket. Others seem to accept it without any issue.
I am well pleased I got my card.

(Nikki Hulse) #10

This sounds great but I’m not on apple unfortunately! Thanks anyway :smiley:!

(Nikki Hulse) #11

I’m probably being very dumb here but whats TCB :thinking:?! Can’t find anything fitting when googled!

“Tiny challenger bank” as referred to in a few news articles.
Starling Bank.

(Nikki Hulse) #13

Thank you! I’ll look into it…

The Monzo CA card is a travel card when you use it when you are travelling.

It’s worth hanging onto the TCB account purely so it can be used like a prepaid card for fee-free overseas transactions.

(Danny) #16

You disgust me lol…

(Hugh) #17

I agree. But not principally a currency conversion or travel card :stuck_out_tongue:

Surely it is a great travel card… except if you need cold hard cash abroad :thinking:

(knows someone who knows Tom quite well) #19

good game, good game. Stop trolling poor Hugh

(Hugh) #20

Haha, I was beginning to wonder whether I was being taken for a ride…

It is a great travel card, from a bank called Monzo.:roll_eyes: