Pots - Feedback Thread 🍯

Click on the amount to type in exactly what you want to withdraw?

4 Likes

As in, that works now and I’ve just not noticed it, or a suggestion as to implementing it?

The former. That feature has actually been there for some time (not long after pots were first introduced I think), but it’s not hugely visible that that’s the way to change the value, beyond using the +/- buttons. I’m hopeful Monzo will add some text or something in a future release though.

1 Like

Oh cool. I had no idea because it looks so much like the top up functionality!

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The biggest UX/UI flaw Monzo has but doesn’t fix. I think when you top up with Apple Pay it’s the same control but fixed amounts.

2 Likes

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but I have a little tweak to the current state of ‘Pots’

How about:

You define a set value of your salary that you would like to use as ‘Savings’, so say I got paid 1700 after tax each month, and I want to set 200 of it as my ‘Savings’, you can then set further ‘sub-categories’ which would take the form of percentages of the ‘Savings’ value across your pots.

So if you had pots: ‘Holiday’ ‘Rainy Day’ and ‘Vehicle fund’

You could allocate 40% to Holiday, 40% to Vehicle fund and 20% to rainy day.

You could then further expand this with rules such as:

If salary amount (defined by employer ID) is less than your usual amount of say 1700, then don’t transfer anything to pots. This could happen if you somehow got paid less due to absence or various other reasons.

Apologies if someone has already suggested this. Quite a long thread.

3 Likes

I currently use Starling Goals and I have over a ÂŁ1000, which I have managed to save since January. I have never been able to save In my life. I think this is due to the fact that it feels more personal by adding your own photo, I wish pots could do this.

6 Likes

Been thinking a bit more on this, so further to my previous suggestion, I have another one.

How about - Collaborative pots?

You and a group of friends could create a single pot, and either allocate someone as the ‘Pot Overseer’ or it could be something which gets placed centrally within Monzo’s systems. You could then govern the funds by having a voting system, so say for example the amount being saved is for a night out. You all go out, and in order to ‘unlock’ the funds and make them available for spending, the app will ask everyone involved to vote ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to make them accessible - If one of you disagree, the app will then give you an option to withdraw your contribution from the pot.

Obviously this suggestion is a bit rough around the edges, but I thought about it just an hour ago at lunch and believe it will form the base for a genuine feature.

Cheers.

Pots don’t seem to be working properly in occasion it won’t round up so I have to to it manually.

In the latest TestFlight version.

Hey Monzo Guys!

I think it would be really nice to have the option to move a custom amount of money between pots rather than just multiples of fives and tens.

Thoughts?

Hey. You can move exact amounts into pots - just touch the ÂŁamount and then the keyboard will pop up.

At present you can’t move money between pots. Only between main account and pots or visa versa.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community :wave:

@tomsr’s advice is spot on.
I also think that moving funds between pots would be a nice feature, but at present, you’ll have to withdraw money from your pot and deposit it into another.

Tip: Create a pot named “Coin Jar”, and your purchases will be rounded up, and the spare change deposited into this pot automatically.

5 Likes

I think it would be great to have a larger variety of available designs for pots, customisable or unique pictures. Also different shapes rather than just a card shape, possibly a pot shape, purse, wallet design? Anyone agree?

The round up only works on transactions, and as long as you have minimum £10 in your account. It currently does not work with payments in, direct debits or standing orders. (Or is it card payments you’re specifically referring to?)

Heya, just sharing a Sneak Peek on Shared Pots - check it out! :eyes:

https://community.monzo.com/t/shared-pots/36572/

1 Like

Is there still no way to move money between pots without having to move it to main account first?

No.

1 Like

I’ve reached my 10 Pot limit and I wish I could create more. I love having Pots for saving goals like a new Tech Toy.

Does anyone know the reason for 10 limit? Any news on this being increased? Will a “Shared Pot” eat into my 10 limit?

Thanks

2 Likes

Quick win (little hacky :thinking:)
When transferring money into my account. In the reference field of bank transfer. if a key is used like “potHoliday”, when monzo receives the money in my account a script/bot auto moves the money to a pot called “Holiday” or if not found creates one.

Similar to how monzo use to direct money to accounts in the old days of prepaid before all the new CA business.