Pots - Feedback Thread 🍯

Personally I’d say let the user upload anything, why not? I get that it could be vulgar or offensive but we, as users, already have the ability to upload custom profile pictures. Which could very well be used exactly the same way. If anything custom profile pictures are more dangerous no? Friends will see it directly and they’re exposed on the frontend of monzo.me. With pots they are private to your account (I assume) so the only people who would see them are the user who uploaded it in the first place, and maybe COPs. Even then the COPs probably don’t need to see the image itself.

9 Likes

Is there not a way to transfer between pots??

Not at the moment, no. You can withdraw from a Pot & then deposit the money into another Pot though.

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bring custom photos to pots

I will love that eh …maybe its just a dream :sleeping:

Feedback on the Coin Jar feature (sorry if already posted)

I find the coin jar payments are cluttering up my payments feed - it would be better in my opinion to get a weekly summary of payments to coin jar or similar, so that a transaction doesn’t show everytime I pay for something. Or even just round the payment and explain the price after clicking on it. That would work too.

Loving the idea though! And pots are great in general!

4 Likes

There’s a thread for that already linked here :slight_smile:

Hey Scott!

This is definitely a popular concept (and I think it’s a really worth while idea). I believe the product team are aware that people like the idea of a round up rather that a cluttered feed :+1:

I’m glad you’re enjoying Pots in general though, it’s something I love as well!

omg i thought i was the only one. i hate the name too. pots sound soooo bulky

Agreed agreed agreed agreed. We should be able to customise our pots

• Ability to lock a pot till goal is met (could have a fine to beak in early - customer sets fine amount)

• DD to pots

• Upload picture to pot

2 Likes

Some good news for everyone who wasn’t happy with the location of Pots - @zancler’s just shared a preview of the redesign of the Spending tab on Twitter & they’ll now be in the Spending tab :boom:

Screenshots from here.

Click the images to see the full screenshot..

49 - 12

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing on! Worth mentioning this is still certainly a work in progress and liable to change, but we will 100% be showing Pots here :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Looking good! Can you share any thoughts about what this means for Pots in the Account tab going forward?

As part of this revamp will there be the predicted recurring payments? Netflix etc kind of bills that are not direct debits but are every month?

There should be, that functionality was shown in the first preview of the redesigned Spending tab -

Breakdown

I would LOVE it if I could schedule a monthly payment from my current account into each of my pots.

Right now I have a pot for christmas presents, and one for holidays, but I often forget to put money into them (I use Google Calendars :calendar: to remind me). If I could set up a way for Monzo to automatically transfer money into each of these pots on a certain day of the month, I wouldn’t have to worry about accidentally spending the money!

Would be amazing if you could do this :slight_smile:

Cheers

Sam

3 Likes

Is their plans in place for people to see incomings / outgoings for each pot rather than across Monzo as a whole?

2 Likes

Not sure when notes on pots was added but thanks! Really helpful

But noticed when I searched Coin Jar the info at the bottom is really confusing. Spent means what’s gone in and received is the rounded up version of what I’ve transferred out of it. Think it needs rewording (and not rounding up)

2 Likes

I would love to see a similar to pre-paid card option linked to a pot (one card per customer?). Attach it to a pot as that pots spending money.

This way I would take that card with me on nights out, knowing I am limited to the funds in that pot (and can transfer in app if need be), or to use to separate monthly spending money knowing my Direct Debits will still be fine in my main account.
I know there are plans already to have Direct Debits come out of specific pots, but this in reverse could also work well, bills out of the main account and spending funds in a pot that can only be spent using the ‘additional card’.

Just my thoughts (recovering shopaholic needing to budget better haha).

1 Like