Pots - Feedback Thread šŸÆ

I feel you might be over thinking this a bit.

The ideal Pot features for me would be:

1. A savings pot where I can lock money away for a specific time and get interest on it.
    2.- was a ā€œsave the changeā€ pot but you have done that with ā€œCoin Jarā€- very nice work.
  2. A pot where I can have DDs and SOs come directly out of that. e.g. a Car pot where road tax, MOT and insurance can come out of it- the regular bills we get.
1 Like

Its here! ā€œCoin Jarā€- search for it on the community page. It was added today!

4 Likes

Thanks for this - I managed to miss it but just created one. However, also having a moneybox account linked to Monzo I will be saving twice the amount of changeā€¦

1 Like

Stumbled over this today

Took me a while to work out how to set one up.

Thankfully I had this forum to fall back on

What a feature though. Very pleased and cannot wait to see how the savings grow

1 Like

Given the MVP nature of your releases, do you think you could just get to ā€˜an automated/future dated transferā€™ asap? This would enable/solve (in a basic way) so many of peoples use cases explained on this thread just for now. I was really quite suprised it didnā€™t make MVP in the first place. I do get the desire to just get pots out there, but it was sooo close, but just missed the mark here I felt?

If we could just organise the movement of our money, many of us would be in a basic but good place with having organised finances and the fancier stuff (if this then that/change sweep etc) would feel like a nice little stream of awesome app improvements that would come over the medium-long term.

Perrrleeeaase. With a :cherries: on the top! :grin:

edit: forgot to say thanks for a nice open update, we do appreciate your open nature, even if weā€™re full of ā€˜feedbackā€™ :wink:

3 Likes

Youā€™re absolutely right.

These :monzo:'ites. absolutely filthy. The lot of them.

5 Likes

Whoā€™s going to see it?

If youā€™re envisioning an environment where all user-selected pots pictures get uploaded to your server and shared in the image selection menu with all other pots users, then Iā€™ll grant thatā€™s an issue. Iā€™ll even grant that an image uploaded to your server and only visible to that user could still be a problem if you were left hosting something that could legally put you in hot water.

But, and I can only refer back to my previous comment here, if the custom pots image is hosted locally and loaded off the phone of the user, never uploaded to your servers, and never shared with other pots users, whereā€™s the problem here? Is this not a solution that allows for users to have custom images while also protecting Monzo from hosting anything?

In any case, as far as hosting goes, it has been noted by others already that the facility exists for adding receipts as images.

tl;dr, I think you may be making the issue of ā€˜custom pots imagesā€™ more complicated than it needs to be.

4 Likes

FYI, weā€™ve just announced Coin Jar - a new Pots feature that rounds up your purchases and saves the difference.

More details here:

6 Likes

Just a simple request to be able to transfer money between pots and also to use your own photos on the pot ā€œcardsā€. You can already select a few colours and photos. Why not let you upload your own?

1 Like

Hello,

Just a small piece of feedback. I think if you deposit to a pot then withdraw from it, you should get the option to clear the feed items or if you donā€™t withdraw the full amount then it updates the deposit feed item to show the remainder. Otherwise you can clog up the feed with items that equate to 0 change in your account as all these are essentially internal transfers.

I know itā€™s not a big issue and Iā€™m not sure how much work itā€™ll create but I think itā€™d add a nice bit of polish to a feature I otherwise find very useful!

Screenshot_20180308-130409

3 Likes

Good point, I havenā€™t seen how squirrel have implemented this but I can see where you are coming from . Potentially have thumbnails and then you could click in to see greater details and full pot information

1 Like

Could pot be use to transfer to external money saving p2p / investment and get feedback from these services

SmartSelectImage_2018-03-09-18-29-46

Just wanted to echo the above requests for a scheduled date for a ā€˜direct debitā€™ from a pot. I love the pots feature for putting away money for different bills that are due later in the month but frequently forget to put the money back into my account before the bill is due which at time has led to the payment being rejected and then it becomes a bit more of a hassle than it perhaps could be.

2 Likes

Hey Rebecca!

When Pots launched, I created a poll so that the team could see which feature requests were most popular & Direct Directs from Pots was one of them. Please do add your vote here :raised_hands:

Great username btw :smile:

2 Likes

agree - I would like an option to move money between pots and not have to move it to go back to account and then to a new pot

2 Likes

Hi, I hope this is the right forum to feed backā€¦ I use a pot to save as a car fund (tyres, servicing etc), but when I set it up there was no option to add my own picture to represent what the fund was for. Surely this is something that could be easily added, and would be really useful.

5 Likes

Maybe you can use text to represent what the fund is for :wink:

3 Likes

Hi yes youā€™ve come to the right place :slight_smile: the teamā€™s considering that functionality, thereā€™s just a few things to work out -

:crossed_fingers:

i do think monzo are over thinking this one, 500k people canā€™t have a function they would like because half a dozen people might abuse it?

9 Likes