Huawei have got some impressive devices lined up, but as we know, the US Commerce Department has decreed that new Huawei devices can no longer access Google services - including the Play Store. This was supposed to be for devices publicly available after May 2019, but the deadline has been extended a few times, and the deadline is now 15 May. There have been a couple of other posts regarding whether Monzo will make its app available on Huawei AppGallery.
For me, not being able to access Google services feels like a deal breaker - particularly as we don’t yet know which app publishers will make their apps available, but I’d be interested to hear from other users about your intention to upgrade in future. Here’s a poll, and I’d be very interested in your input. This could also help Monzo determine whether it makes sense to make their app available on Huawei AppGallery.
- I’m a Huawei user, and my next upgrade will be to Huawei
- I’m a Huawei user, and my next upgrade will be to another brand on Android
- I’m a Huawei user, and will switch to iOS
- I’m a Huawei user, and will wait it out - in case the US Administration changes its mind
- I’m a non-Huawei user, but interested to switch to Huawei
- I’m a non-Huawei user, with no intention of switching
Interested to see your responses!