PlayStation 5

Waiting for the PS5 especially GTA 6

1 Like

I’ll 100% end up with one, whether that’s straight away or a few months after I don’t know. I’ll likely wait until games are launched which I want first, then trade the PS4 in against it.

4 Likes

Imaginative logo I see :joy:

4 Likes

2 Likes

I am looking for to the new ps5 coming i hoeing for some great exclusive and a better gaming streaming service.

Lot of gaming company are now going towards streaming like Netflix

1 Like

SSD is a welcome addition. That’s always the first thing I install when I get a new console.

2 Likes

What do you mean streaming service? The PS5 should be powerful enough to run all games locally. Unless you’ve got very good fibre internet (real fibre, no VDSL or cable) you won’t get very far with streaming due to latency and even then you can forget it when it comes to competitive shooters like Battlefield or COD.

1 Like

Yes it will have the power for all next gen games I sure it will and I sure COD and offer shooter will work and look great but what about old games like ps1 ps2 ect like the ps now serves it has now or like Xbox games pass ?

1 Like

Ssd would be welcomed it would improve speed but they not all ways cheaper the bigger the size. But what ever the new ps5 has it will be a good gaming device.

I really want to get back into gaming. Moving house, changing jobs and having a baby meant that I’ve just not had time and I’ve fallen so far behind :cry:

Hopefully it will be launched with GTA VI and that will be my golden ticket back into this wonderful world :star_struck:

2 Likes

GTA games are big games lots to do and quite easy to get in to I would like to see a new gta new story new characters and maybe even new ways to pay. I looking for would to seeing what Sony have at the start of the ps5 launch and in the mouths afterworlds. Maybe they come out with an Xbox style game pass.

Soooo let’s bump this.

I’ve seen in recent news that the PS5 launch date has been leaked and is due as early as October.

Secondly, the much debated (and stunning) Unreal Engine demo:

I’m getting excited! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

From last I saw, a new GTA is probably a few years away yet :sob:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo don’t say that :sob:

I read that they’ll just do a small release and will continually update it like GTA online currently.

Any ideas on cost?

Anyone else see the spec differences between ps5 and xbox one x and think they could be tempted to switch? :eyes:

I reckon we’ll get a teaser trailer for the GTA 6 later this year and maybe a launch around fall next year.

1 Like

They’re not drastic different and to me it’s all about exclusives which Sony seem to have the monopoly on. I wouldn’t even consider an Xbox unless all my friends were on there and I played multiplayer the majority of the time.

Just to add to that point, with cross-platform becoming the norm now I actually don’t think there’s any reason to buy an Xbox unless you enjoy the only noteworthy exclusives being Halo or Forza. Hopefully Xbox can bring some competition to the exclusives this generation as I’m all for choice, there’s just not really any games that draw people in like PS at the moment though.

Granted the Xbox has a slightly higher teraflops number but I think the PS5 with it’s much faster I/O will have bigger benefits and be more noticeable to most users in the long run, especially as game get bigger.

A trend where big title games are introducing cross play via thier own servers (COD Warzone, Fortnite etc) means that it’s no big deal if my friends don’t have the same console as me, although we’re all likely to get PS5’s simply for the backwards compatibility.

Very excited for this! I had planned on replacing my now deceased PS4 but, with the PS5 looking likely to land before the end of this year, it makes sense to wait now. Even if nothing else is released there’s probably at least 10-15 PS4 games I still want to play through.

In terms of potential game’s - a new GTA is probably several years away but we’re due a new Elder Scrolls game soon! :crossed_fingers:t2: