Personalised Pots

What about if we can personalise our pots also by adding one of our own pictures? (as the choice of pictures on them is not really broad and sometimes doesn’t addapt what the pot is focused on)

1 Like

Looks like some other folks have the same idea! :smiley:

Big ol’ list of ideas over in the pots feedback thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s something I’m hoping for too :grin:

1 Like

Monzo’s response to this previously:

I have commented already this is poor. I get that Monzo doesn’t simply want to copy competitors, but I don’t understand the ethical/moral/logistical reason hinted at when Starling have already implemented custom photos. It also seems at odds with already allowing customers to upload photos into their profiles, which surely carry the same risks regarding inappropriateness and storage.

In short, I don’t buy that excuse, and think the current policy and set of photos just…odd.

5 Likes

That’s the problem with being second to the party - If you copy a feature (even a feature as generic as “allowing your own photos”), you run the risk of being criticised for not being original.

Totally agree with you though, the excuse is poor (give the ability for a profile photo).

It’s either a case of “not a priority”, or it’s “we don’t want to copy Starling”.

If you use graphic photos I’m guessing COps would have to look at them if they were looking at your account and that wouldn’t be good

Maybe that’s a reason?

1 Like

I believe someone from Monzo suggested that using www.unsplash.com to provide photos could be a possible idea.

Custom photos can be risky without checks as you’re potentially allowing your brand to be associated with unauthorised imagery. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m not sure why the Monzo admin interface should ever display those images, in fact I’d be surprised if it did already.

Eh? Monzo already run the risk of extreme images being uploaded to their system via the personal profile.

All that’s required is a condition that any pic uploaded which contravenes Monzo’s rules may result in an account closure, and any illegal pic (if you’re dumb enough) is reported to the police.

It is no different to Barclays allowing custom images on their debit cards. They seem to have got over themselves.

COps (or anyone else) don’t see the image you’ve chosen for your Pots. They aren’t particularly relevant to us so the transaction explorer we use internally shows a simple pot icon where in your own feed you’d see the image you’ve chosen :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

The images used for pots are super limited right now. Reminds me of the stock user icons in Windows XP :rofl: If commissioning an illustrator isn’t on the cards at the moment, maybe just let people use emojis :woman_shrugging:

Some stuff pots could use as images:
Gif library
Stock image library
Emojis
Custom colours
Patterns
Illustrations

Cheers :slight_smile: xx

3 Likes

I’d use :sob: for my bills pot

:cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: for rainy day fund

I think I want emojis now :+1:

3 Likes

A colour from a restricted palette and an emoji! Then the UI could be streamlined so we can have more than 10 pots :wink:

1 Like