Paypal Withdrawal to Monzo

I have previously used my Monzo account to take withdrawals from Paypal, however, when trying to do this today Paypal would not let me choose my Monzo to withdraw to. There is now a note to say Paypal will not let transfers happen to online only banks. Anything on Monzo addressing this?

Start an in app chat to make them aware of the problem

1 Like

Say what? That sounds very wrong.

Iā€™ve just withdrawn from Paypal fineā€¦

1 Like

I ended up withdrawing to partners account who then sent over to Monzo.

Iā€™m going to transfer in a small amount to Paypal and get a screenshot of the ā€˜online onlyā€™ account if this happens again when attempting withdrawal.

1 Like

it appears that this was a one-time issue and a PayPal error. Test payment and withdrawal all went through. Phew.

2 Likes

Maybe itā€™s only for amounts above a certain threshold ? Still not good

Trying to withdraw also and it says ā€œright now we are not able to complete this transactionā€
Help?!

If PayPal have issues at the minute thereā€™s nothing anyone here can do to solve them Iā€™m afraid.

PayPal are giving you the error so speak to PayPal.

Iā€™ve always withdrawn to Monzo. Infact I do it weekly if not daily.

Sorted, my monzo direct debit had an issueā€¦

Can you going to tell us what that was and why it stopped withdrawals?

When you link monzo bank acc to paypal it creates a direct debit so you authorise PayPal withdrawing from your acc right? So, for some forgotten reason I had cancel that , I had to go to PayPal and confirm the bank acc again and voila, now I just need to wait for the magic to happenā€¦ (I hope it will happen :crazy_face:)

2 Likes

Ah! I thought you were trying to withdraw money from PayPal like the first poster in the thread!

That makes much more sense now.

I personally donā€™t set this up; I only link for bank transfers from PayPal and use cards for payments. Far too many complaints about PayPal and seemingly shady behaviour to give them unfettered bank access, regardless of the Direct Debit Guarantee.

Had a DD on my account for at least the last 5 years never had a single issue with payments, if I could be bothered Iā€™d go look to see what these problems are but Iā€™m too lazy :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.