Payment from finance company

Hi,
I’ve been having quite a bit of difficulty in getting a financial services company to make a payment into my Monzo account. It’s gone on for months, involved quite a few phone calls, signed evidence of the account etc. Their excuse - Monzo isn’t a bank; it’s an ebanking company. I have been told it’s resolved and payment is on the way but I haven’t received it yet. I have raised a complaint with this financial services company and did flag this to Monzo a few months ago.
I would have thought Monzo could pick this up with well known companies like the one I’m dealing with,
on a collective basis as it can damage customer confidence.
Anyone else had this issue or have any advice for me.

2 Likes

It crops up from time to time. Email acceptance@monzo.com with all the details.

2 Likes

you could tell them to look on the Bank of England regulated banks list - they at least should know who is and who isn’t a regulated Bank , even if the financial service company you are dealing with dont , they have even made it easy and put it into alphabetical order :slight_smile:

edit list -as at June 2020

1 Like

You need to formally complain to the financial services company involved. You need to supply the evidence that Monzo is a bank (links to the Bank of England (posted by @anon95680666 above) and Financial Services Register quoting reference number etc). Demand that they return your money to the account involved. If they don’t do it still, ask for a letter of deadlock and take your case to the Financial Ombudsman service. It should be an easy win.

acceptance@monzo.com as @Anarchist suggests is a route but I feel you need to move your complaint on with that financial services company.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.