Pay Anyone by link

Me too. Still in labs for me, so not a clue.

Article says 3 days to claim, copy text in app says 2 daysā€¦

2 Likes

This is new :yum:

Just launched the app and was greeted by hot chip :wave:

Screenshot_20190205-104722

3 Likes

Or sign up to Monzo?

This is so spammy, Iā€™d hate to receive this, certainly wouldnā€™t make me want to open an account. It would make me think thereā€™s some fine print somewhere about a ā€˜small 35% feeā€™ for depositing into a non-Monzo account.

Just make the experience awesome, and let people think Wow that was great, whatā€™s Monzo? Anyone capable of being a Monzo customer is capable of searching ā€˜Monzoā€™ on the internet.

4 Likes

I wonder if this is Monzo doing their date maths a bit weird with you setting up the link and viewing it close to midnight.

1 Like

Thanks @enmasser, it looks like the iOS app is rounding the date down. Weā€™ve noted this to fix!

3 Likes

The feature is rolled out to everyone, but you need to be on the latest version of iOS and Android (2.33.0) to see it! Weā€™ve now also removed it from labs as 2.33 is fully rolled out.

1 Like

I am on 2.33.0 (was yesterday when I posted) - still not showing up in my app.

Hmm, thatā€™s strange. Are you on iOS or Android?

iOS

Have you tried force-quitting the app and opening again? Sometimes these things get stuck until the app is forced to refresh a few things.

I wonder if you could convert the link into a QR codeā€¦
:thinking:

Yes

So maybe that should be the next iteration of this, the option to use it as QR code as QR codes are easier to shareā€¦ Although that depends on proximity.
As who uses the Pay Anyone by link and in what situations? Is it designed for when youā€™re out with people to share links or for any payment situation?

Yep I have done this a few times - still not there

I will do a reinstall to see if that makes it appear.

Hmm, all I have left to suggest is that you whisper bizarre threats into the lightning port.

3 Likes

:joy:

Just reinstalled app and now itā€™s fixed - now showing on payments tab :blush::man_shrugging:

1 Like

I guess it wont be for everyone. I think this is a nice extra for those comfortable with using it and itā€™s your choice (and the recipients) as to whether or not to use it.

1 Like