Pay someone with a link gone from labs?

So I paid a friend by giving them a link recently.

But I am unable to figure out how I did it for another friend.

Many thanks

Definitely a feature, you haven’t made it up.

If you go to the Payments section and find the Request tab, you will then be able to create a monzo.me link to share with your friend.

No but I paid someone with it.

It looked as if the request tab is for people to pay me?

Apologies! My mistake, correct it is for people to pay you.

To pay someone by a link is not something I have seen, unless they were on Monzo and sent it to you?

No I went back into the chat with the friend. I sent a monzo.me link to them and if I clicked it it says the money has already been claimed.
Check my account and ÂŁ25 left my acccount so I am sure I was able to do it

Yep this is a new feature in labs right? Monzo Labs: Pay anyone by text or email

2 Likes

Oh okay that makes sense they must hhave taken it off labs.
That is a shame I really liked it. Hopefully they took it off because it is about to go live.

Have checked my labs and no mention of it there anymore

This is a new feature being tested in Monzo Labs. Go to Account tab, then tap your name at the top. At the bottom is “Monzo Labs” and then turn on “send money by text or email”. When that is on, go to the “Payments” tab and the third option down is “Send money by text or email”. These steps are from iOS, Android may differ.

This has been removed from my app. Recent beta version.

It is no longer in my labs sadly

Can anyone else confirm it has also gone from there app?
Maybe an update from Monzo would be nice if it is going live or decided that it isn’t worth it?

Okay. It may get launched proper soon then. I can still see it in my app…

Yep still on mine (iOS)

I only have

Monzo data export
and
Share Card Replacement

in my labs
(I am on android)

Are you on the beta version?

Yes

I’m guessing it has either been removed due to some issues, they have messed up the beta version or they are getting ready to release in the next full update. Maybe @simonb can shed some light on it?

1 Like

I’m on the beta channel (android) and I’ve used it this morning.

However doesn’t seem to work as it should, as my colleague clicked the link, filled the details and on my side I got a declined transaction.

In contact with support in case they know something about it.

1 Like

I’ve asked in slack, if I get an answer i’ll post it here but it has been removed from latest beta on android

3 Likes

Always worth trying an app reinstall

You’re right!

It’s been done recently though as I’ve used it this morning around 9.30am, so anywhere between then and now.

Just checked labs and the feature is indeed gone from there.

2 Likes