Partially exclude from Summary

I think a handy add on to the already great budgeting tools would be to have the option to partially exclude a payment from you summary. For example, I do a weekly shop and while I’m there a friend asks “can you pick up a 24 pack of Stella whilst your there for the session later and I’ll pay you back”?

I don’t really want this amount to come out of my grocery budget or be included in my spending. And option to only exclude £15 for example out of the shopping transaction be handy.

6 Likes

This would probably come hand in hand with the ability to split transactions across multiple categories which I’d love to see in 2019

1 Like

That would be useful.

As a workaround at the moment I tend to split the transction at the till so the £15 is totally separate on my spending feed.

1 Like

This has got to be one of the most requested updates to summary :wink:

I like this idea. It would also be useful if you could exclude inbound payments from the summary, so (in your example) your friend’s payment isn’t shown.

I think this would be particularly useful for people who have non-Monzo savings accounts out of which they occasionally transfer money in and out.

Big +1 here, this happens to us a lot, all sorts of reasons why you might want to exclude part of a payment from a summary … another way around this (although I would like to see both) would be to have the ability to assign an incoming payment (so when your mate pays you for the Stella) to credit a spend budget

1 Like

New here and this is the reason why I joined the community!

And I totally agree with Simon’s incoming money point.