Outage – 16th March 2018 (Resolved)

Yes but they don’t use Status Page, they just tweet about outages, if at all.

Loot does use GPS & Status Page though so you could try them http://status.loot.io.

1 Like

is this a true reflection of outages on revolut ? I don’t know because I don’t use them , and is a Revolut outage due to GPS or to some other factor , and if it is due to GPS does it affect all other GPS users ???

no idea - perhaps somebody can enlighten me ?

https://outage.report/revolut#2018-01-15

that was the (weird) logic behind Starling status page. If it affects all Starling customers it will appear on there but if it only affects some of them it won’t!

2 Likes

if it only affects some , does that mean its not an outage, because the outage for Monzo didn’t affect me so presumably not an outage because I wasn’t using my card at the time :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I really do understand that the outage we experienced is frustrating, upsetting, and downright unacceptable. However, I don’t think that trying to compare our outages directly with other banks/prepaid cards is necessarily that useful. The fact is that it can be very difficult to get an objective picture of their availability for two reasons:

1. Availability is not a binary property in systems as complex as those that power banks. Problems can manifest for a subset of features, or a subset of users, without affecting everything (this was actually the case for us last night). Anecdotes about reliability can be misleading.
  2. Other companies may not talk publicly about their outages unless they’re bad enough to make the national news, making it difficult to get hard data.

I think what is more relevant is that we don’t think incidents like this are acceptable. I can guarantee that we’ll do everything we can to fix issues like these to prevent them recurring in the future. :heart:

15 Likes

whilst regrettable that I was awoken with a notification text at 23.28 the outage didn’t affect me at all apart from waking me up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

lol it would have been worse sleeping through the first “outage” message and being woken up to be informed all was now resolved :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s why I always put my mobile on do not disturb over night. My sleep is too important.

4 Likes

I just turn mine off when I go to bed at 2 and turn it on again at 6 when I get up … never disturbed then

2 Likes

Blessing in disguise then. Monzo is looking after you :joy:

1 Like

This actually happened to me last night :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.