Our plans to help you pay in cheques, just by taking a picture

@cookywook is it possible to drop a cheque in by hand? It’s a high value one and I’ll be around the area tomorrow.

3 Likes

Probably yes if you bring some cats and/or pizzas with pineapple along.

2 Likes

I think he’s on leave, I’ll try and find an answer for you

1 Like

so what I found out is… normally this shouldn’t be an issue but with them in the process of currently moving office this month things may be a little different.
My suggestion would be why not call in at their new office at 38 Finsbury Square and see. No harm if you’re in the area.

1 Like

I would love to see what monzo office looks like from the inside

1 Like

There’s the open office events. And if not those, there’s this:

(Doesn’t seem that long ago that they were moving into City Road!)

Edit: expand the embedded post for a cool video…

1 Like

Damm, that’s big…I can imagine the rent itself being around 12k a month…

Will give it a go. Many thanks for checking @Jackcrwhitney

1 Like

Went there a few times when it was Bloomberg. That place was impressive.
Also had the biggest fish tank and biggest private collection of fish in Europe.
Wonder if the tank is still there…

I think I heard the tanks are but the fish aren’t… @HughWells can you confirm or deny fish related rumours? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :fish:

It was a private collection owned by Bloomberg, so I’d be very confident they took them to their new office, or released them in the Thames!

1 Like

Off to Barclay’s to pay in a cheque for my partner expenses from her employer hand written cheque how out of date _ wonder if I can get in and out before the try to sell me something my local branch sucks so going elsewhere today

1 Like

The tanks were here, but some minor alterations have removed them sadly :frowning:

1 Like

I guess having massive empty fish tanks would be a bit pointless :smile:

2 Likes

could have filled them with crocs or have a more Bond-esque shark tank

It could also be filled with snakes but I would worry about the wellbeing of City pigeons if the unthinkable happened :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

This is a really funny feature for me. I have personally not written a cheque in over 5 years but I have been sent them. Ironically the last one I received was for £0.01 from a bank who owed me interest on a closed account. I have therefore little need to pay in cheques but I also know my employer (who will remain nameless) has to pay customers by cheque. Legilation requires us to pay funds in tracable ways above a certain value so we cannot send envelopes full of cash and we do not (yet) have the facility for customers to provide details for BACS transfers.

Really good to see Monzo is investing in the fastest and simplest option; taking a picture and I look forward to seeing the app update Soon :tm:

David

I’ve been helping to run a student society for the past few years, and a condition of getting support from the University is making payments via cheques whenever possible. :roll_eyes:

So many cheques for < £10 when we could’ve just paid cash.

1 Like

we do not (yet) have the facility for customers to provide details for BACS transfers.

This is relatively easy, could even be done with a Google Form to be honest.

If only the problem was gathering details from the customers. Legacy systems, complex and a nightmare. Nothing like Monzo!

1 Like