Our Plans to Close the Monzo Prepaid Cards

What? It’s tomorrow! How comes I did not know that? I messed all of the warnings because I live under a rock. Help me please…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Samsung Pay? Fitbit Pay? SEPA payments?

2 Likes

If they get Fitbit pay I promise to buy a Fitbit

8 Likes

Probably one third bitten fruit pay.

1 Like

It’s a glorious day in the land of Monzo.

6 Likes

Happy prepaid closing day :tada::raised_hands:

6 Likes

How exciting, 1.5 hours left to go out and use my lovely Mondo prepaid card. I want to give it the best last hour of its little life. :credit_card:

1 Like

How about just jumping straight to hectocorn. :man_shrugging:t2:

Would work wonders for my shares :blush:

I have to admit I am still a little sceptical about Monzo literally turning off the prepaid card at 9am (I have a CA so doesn’t impact me). Will wait to see if it actually happens

Not sure how else you see this playing out. That they start randomly declining a larger and larger proportion of prepaid transactions (25% today, 50% tomorrow, etc) until people give up on it as unreliable? :joy:

2 Likes

It was more I assumed that from today they’d start shutting it down and turning off cards in “groups” but will be good to see the Prepaid disappear today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like a winding down, which they’ve been doing, rather than a cutoff date. What’s the point is setting a date then?

1 Like

All prepaid accounts should display as closed at the same time. We don’t do things in groups here :slightly_smiling_face: Go hard or go home!

14 Likes

Any sense of sadness from the Monzo employees today? Like your first born growing up and leaving home. Sure the first is the practice child so you know what you’re doing for the second, but that doesn’t mean you won’t miss them

5 Likes

Nope!!! :tada::tada::tada: :balloon: :cake: :clinking_glasses::champagne:

18 Likes

Bless your corporate cold heartedness :joy:

1 Like

5 Minutes… :eyes:

Its probably the time you realise your child has decided not to move back home after university and you can quickly sell up and move to Spain before they change their mind!

4 Likes

And it’s done

5 Likes

And that’s all folks - prepaid is now closed! :tada:

Thanks for coming along for the ride, and here’s to the future :champagne:

done%20looney%20tunes%20GIF-downsized_large

30 Likes