Our 2017 To-Do List

One thing missing from that to-do list is opening up the queue again for new newcomers… :worried:

1 Like

I am fairly confident that will be coming around December, especially if they hope to have invited all Prepaid customers by the end of November. However, it would be nice to have confirmation from one of the team!

I was sort of poking around to see if we could get a timeframe on when it’ll be ready

1 Like

Hi guys!

Long time Monzo fan, first time poster - I LOVE my shiny new current account. You guys put the other banks to shame!

A particular favourite is the recently-launched ‘Pots’. This is something I first read about back in the early days and couldn’t wait for - I’m so glad it’s finally here! I have already made my pot and started saving. It’s a shame we can’t gain interest on this. However, one thing you really impressed me with was when I read ‘other services integrate into your Monzo as a pot’. Obviously, I understand why Monzo can’t yet offer an interest-based savings pot or anything like that but the ability to link to another account (like an ISA or another savings account) through the app, much like MoneyDashboard does, is an incredible feature - all from within the Monzo app! I thought I couldn’t wait for Pots; now I REALLY can’t wait for integrated Pots!

7 Likes

I appreciate the name written on the sample card :wink:

2 Likes

Only reason I can think for why they would wait is the shear number of CA cards they’ve got to mail!

What do you mean locked out? That sounds scary!

Pebble Time Strap payments next please, need to beat the TCB to the next shitty payment system :joy_cat:

Edit: Deleted and reinstalled app. Now has updated and problem gone away.

No wozzas!

1 Like

Any chance of getting Apple Pay as a nicely wrapped present under the Monzo Christmas tree? #PrettyPleaseWithSugarOnTop

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Joint Accounts 5

one working week left before Christmas, and still no news on the investor DC

1 Like

I would like to see a 2018 To-Do list! :wink:

I know there is the ideas board but I’m looking to see which bank is likely to fulfil my needs and willing to give the benefit of 12 months to see how Starling and Monzo shape up.

I think you’d be better off waiting for a year and seeing what happened. Any list put on the table now and looking that far ahead will likely not look like the list of finished things one year on.

1 Like

Maybe- that means I’ll be carrying three current account cards- Nationwide, Monzo and Starling. :wink:

I’m sure it will take less than 12 months to work out which is best for me and switch. I can always switch back I suppose!

1 Like

Don’t think there should be any lists because Monzo have trello board which is essentially a list with estimated time frame.

2 Likes

Not a great deal of detail on Trello though…

Of course not. The risk of putting detail up is shouting and disappointed customers every time something has to change. Look at the reaction now when things move. A greater level of detail would only amplify that.

There’s transparency and then there’s stupidity. (My opinion!)

4 Likes

I agree. I will admit that I myself have fallen into disappointment/impatience regarding certain features, partly because of the early Trello board timeframes (prior to the CA switch).

I think Monzo have learnt this themselves too. Perhaps being a bit more vague about longer-term idea implementations (still transparent about intentions however), whilst focusing on one thing at a time, would be a good route to follow.

1 Like

I think transparency is fine as long as customers remember :monzo: Monzo is in charge.

Take the endless requests and reminders about Apple Pay. It’s not like Monzo will have forgotten about implementing it, and it won’t appear any quicker because of the constant prodding.

The demanding because of the transparency makes customers appear entitled and unreasonable.

If Monzo haven’t yet implemented a feature they have promised, and it makes your use of the account impractical, simply wait until your feature is brought in. No need for endless stropping off to Starling or moaning.

11 Likes