Omaze 'million pound house'

:laughing: I could totally sustain it! I have a WFH job so I could still work but do it from my new fancy house. New room or location every day.

1 Like

I think I’d need a little bit of a rise to cover the electric and heating :joy:

2 Likes

It’s a lovely house, and I’d be tempted to rent it via a property company providing the rent contains everything to cover operating costs (so effectively it’d have be marketed at Londoners on a very high income looking for a getaway - I’m sure the people of Cornwell would love that… )

However, the place does remind me of something from an Alex Garland movie or possibly Black Mirror. I’d be nervous sentient robots were on the march…

1 Like

its probably been the waste of 10 quid but i can dream lol … maybe if i win it we can have a monzo party at it lol

2 Likes

My no longer required mortgage payment would cover it! :grin::smile:

2 Likes

15 more chances than me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I gave that a go couple of months ago, then 2 weeks before the draw they slashed the price and gave you even more tickets which increased your chances of winning, which annoyed me!

1 Like

hmmmmm aye that would annoy the shit out of me too

Yeah! I won! A £10 Amazon Gift Card.

Still - that’s my money back from my initial entry so better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

3 Likes

ha ha i must be wining the house then as i aint heard any thing

3 Likes

So, for all the Londoners, they’ve just announced the location of their next prize house.

This time it’s on the Kent coast on Sandwich Bay. So, very handy as a holiday home for all those in the capital.

They’ve not announced the specifics of the new house - but I suspect they’ll launch that next week as the Cornish house prize draw is at the start of Aug and they’ll probably want to get a few extra signed up as a 'if you’re buying tickets for the Kent house, you might as well pick up some tickets for the Cornish one as well…)

Yeah, I’ll give this a miss thanks!

Can’t find even the approx odds for this…

Surely because it’s based on how many tickets they sell?

Remember seeing an article where the person who won the Cornwall (or near there) received the house but when they got there it was completely flooded and all damaged.

I’ll edit my post when I find it again.

1 Like

Whatever tickets are sold vs what you bought

If 15,000,000 tickets are sold and you have 10 then it’s 10:15,000,000

I remember seeing this. There’s a reason these things can’t sell :joy:

2 Likes

It’s not the Cornwall house (because the draw for that hasn’t been done yet).

Looks like it was a home in Oxfordshire

1 Like

Sure. I was thinking more historical figures, to give you a rough idea, but they don’t seem to publish. Or maybe I just haven’t found them

I was going to say that when you have a £2.5 million house I’m sure you can release a bit of equity to add some flood prevention measures. It will save you in the long run and I imagine will increase the value of the property:

Looks like Omaze sorted it for them though!