Octopus Saving Sessions

@AlanDoe I really wanted to post to this thread, could you open it and merge please :eyes:

Signed up to Octopus Saving Sessions

4 Likes

Really really really really want to be an Octopus customer :sob:

6 Likes

No Smart Meter, so I don’t qualify.

1 Like

I’m not sure how much I’ll save as I already use minimal electricity, but I’ll treat it as a competition to see what happens.

Hopefully they’ll take you over soon enough, might just take them a while to feed all the customer data from Bulb into Kraken. Although you’d hope Bulb been quite techy in the past, the data will already be in the right format or easy enough to convert.

1 Like

I hope so! Big oil aren’t happy and are now lobbying government to stop it so they can have bulb customers instead :face_vomiting:

They claim it will distort the market and give octopus an unfair advantage against them.

2 Likes

That’ll be the death of them no doubt, won’t even have a use for the technology behind it. Will just end up wanting customer numbers instead.

1 Like

Haven’t received email yet :cry:

How do you sign up? I Googled it but could only find this for business accounts and there’s nothing when I log into my Octopus account :frowning:

1 Like

2 Likes

Maybe this link will work :eyes: it’s the one direct from my email

2 Likes

Thanks, I was able to sign up via this link

2 Likes

I’m in (was also a part of the Big Dirty Turn Down last year)

Also doing Octopus ‘power hour’ (where once a month, a last-minute hour is designated by Octopus to be free for any electricity import) - so the dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, immersion heater, car, ironing, oven cleaning cycle all get prepped to go for an hour at once. The current 60amp main fuse is steaming*… need a 100amp!

*play on words. It’s fine until it’s not. Literally binary operation - working or blown

4 Likes

You could just call Octopus and transfer to them… no need to stay with Bulb.

1 Like

Worked for me too, thanks! :partying_face:

1 Like

I got this email yesterday, so basically if we use less energy in the time slot they tell us to we will get discount on bills?

Only thing is, depending what time of day it’ll be I am on my work PC 8am - 5pm 5 days a week. :grimacing:

EDIT: Just signed up, challenge accepted!

2 Likes

FAQ for the savings sessions

1 Like

Doesn’t work. They tell you to stay where you are if you won’t make a saving by switching. Tried a few times now over the last several months.

1 Like

I know plenty people who just ring them up and ask to switch, they’ll do it no problem.

Maybe they don’t like you :eyes::joy:

1 Like

I’m still on a variable tariff with octopus and I don’t have any options of switching to a different tariff on my account.

I need to call them as surely if I switch I’ll save some money :thinking:

1 Like

I’m on Octopus Go for electricity and Flexible Octopus for gas

1 Like