Number of Monzo Users

It’s only useful if you know the activation date I’m afraid. If you don’t feel free to post your user number anyway though, for early adopter points :smile:

It’s January 12th 2016

1 Like

I am user number 27492 and my activation was 16 july 2016! Can’t believe a year went by so quickly!

1 Like

If it helps, I am user #6012 and activated on 2nd April 2016 at 23:27. It’s crazy that the number of users doubled in a month.

1 Like

That is some impressive growth! Interesting statistics. #2149 here March 2016 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Another one for your tracker @alexs user number: #419 - activated on: Tuesday 22nd December 2015 at 17:32

2 Likes

I activated on 23/06/16 - user number 24798.

1 Like

Sunday 2nd October, user number 50032 :smile:

1 Like

User #36162 activated in the 18th of August 2016

1 Like

Activated 05/16 #17316

1 Like

The latest user number figure from last night’s current account preview rollout event (Tom mentioned that it wasn’t completely up to date but was from earlier in the day), taken from this tweet -

8 Likes

Activation date: 08/06/2016 User number: #21324

1 Like

500k by the end of the year then?

1 Like

According to my (dodgy) forecast, yes. But I’m pretty sure that Tom said 700k / 800k last night, at the launch of the current account previews so maybe he knows something my spreadsheet doesn’t :thinking: I’m optimistic that the current accounts & loans will increase demand…

3 Likes

Expecting 700k current accounts by end of the year according to Tom :astonished: that is quite scary considering they need to send out another card to every converting prepaid user as well as all new users. That is about 4000-5000 new current accounts every day.

Maybe he got the figures wrong, but maybe not… they seem to always exceed expectations and defy gravity when it comes to user growth, wouldn’t put it past them to hit a million by Christmas.

5 Likes

I don’t think he’s got the figs wrong, he is the CEO :joy: I’ve been watching the news recently (rare for me) and Monzo has appeared in several places as it does not charge its users :moneybag: when abroad and it is a 100% mobile operating bank. The hype Monzo is getting is hitting the roof, and it’s not surprising! If I didn’t already have Monzo but heard about it on the news, I sure would have a Google about it, that’s what is getting new users… And the idea of golden :tickets:

I’ve tried Monese :expressionless:, Revolut :unamused: and Starling :roll_eyes: but none of them match Monzo :smirk:, it’s just the simplicity of the app that gets me; and then they announce the current account previews… :heart_eyes: things just keep on getting better!!

13 Likes

One of my favorite comments from Tom at last night’s open office was -

I think we’re now opening more accounts per month than any UK bank, which is quite fun because we’re also one of the smallest UK banks, which means we will not stay that way for long…

:smiley:

13 Likes

I have just finished watching the open office. Great viewing! That was also a stand out comment from Tom for me too.

3 Likes

Another gem there was that 75% of the user base is active, which seems really high to me. I personally know a handful of people who are inactive just because they want it to be a current account and don’t see a great use for it without salaries in, bills out etc. They will all be active again when they get the invite. If a good chunk of that 25% dormant group are - like the people I know - just waiting for full features to land, then that is an extraordinary amount of activity and interest in the product. :star_struck:

3 Likes

I’m one of those people holding on…

1 Like