Number of Monzo Users

Literally cannot believe how fast this has grown. It’s just under a year since I signed up, and I was only just sub 50,000.

‘#’40039! And had like 85k ahead of me in the queue. coming up to a year in September and a lot of doubters now jumping on b-wagon = current accounts being closer. I will be disappointed if I have to wait another year though! :gun:

2 Likes

You definitely won’t have to wait that long, the current accounts are launching this summer :tada:

3 Likes

Growth is definitely happening faster than any of us expected. It’s really fun and amazing to see. I think the fundamental thing is we really believe in this and it’s not a hard sell because everybody understands that high street banking is outdated and then we’re pouring our hearts and souls into building something better. It helps that I’ve always been into tech and so my circles tend to trust my opinions, but I can show someone the app and then sell them on the concept within 30 seconds :wink:

We were definitely still thought of as a small startup when I started working here. I’m not sure on the exact number but there were definitely less than 50 staff members when I started, now we’re well over double that. And almost 10 times as many users as we had when I first signed up myself :grinning:

Can’t wait for the next stage of getting wonderful current accounts out to you guys. Not long to go!

13 Likes

Monzo has just hit 300k users today :tada: :tada: :tada:

That means that Monzo’s gained another 100k users in less than two thirds of the time that it took them to reach 200k users.

100k 24th Jan > 200k 11th May = 107 days
12th May > 15th July = 64 days

64 / 107 = 60%

I expect we’ll get official confirmation of this on Monday… (it wasn’t mentioned in the blog post announcing the initial rollout of the current accounts :disappointed:).

14 Likes

100,000 in just over two months is phenomenal. That’s over 1.5k cards A DAY.

1 Like

#2420 - Its great to see how far Monzo has come since I got my card.

4 Likes

Alright, show off :joy:

4 Likes

Monzo user number #301588 signed up and ready to go!!

8 Likes

Awesome! When did you activate (link it to your account by registering it in the app) your card?

Activated on Saturday 15 July

6 Likes

Maybe redundant now, I’m #2496, since March 19 2016

2 Likes

Not at all, we don’t have a huge amount of data from the early days (although ironically, we did already have a user number from someone who activated their card on the same day) so it’s great to be able to fill in the gaps! Thanks :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Oh, I didn’t realise earlier data was useful!

My initial top-up was 19 May 2016. I have several withdrawals and transactions from the 20th, so my card arrived and was activated the following day. User number 14,442.

1 Like

User #6 — November 2015 :wink:

17 Likes

I’m not too sure if my number is useful for you but I’m #13057 and I’ve been a member since May 2016 :smile:

1 Like

Thanks Zach, do you know the specific date when you activated your card by any chance? If you do, I can add you to my tracker :slight_smile: it’s usually the date when you made your 1st transaction, after the initial top up & you still have the log in email from around that time :male_detective:

No worries @alexs :slightly_smiling_face: it looks like my £100 top up went through on Friday 13th May 2016 at 22:12 and my first transaction was on Saturday 14th May 2016 at 13:24. Unfortunately I’m too organised for my own good when it comes to emails so the login email that you’ve mentioned was deleted long ago. Hope that helps! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Now you’re just rubbing it in. :joy:

2 Likes

Not sure how useful this is but #534 - jan 2016

1 Like