Number of Monzo Users

Yeah, we’d love to do that :slight_smile: We just haven’t had time yet!

4 Likes

Card just arrived… 3pm 6th Jun 2017, user 231,317 :+1:

9 Likes

A quick update - in today’s annual report Tom mentioned that Monzo are forecasting that they’ll have

between 500,000 and 800,000 accounts by the end of the year

:smiley:

5 Likes
  • £250million spent on the card - start of May 7% week on week increase in spending on the card so only about 15 weeks until they hit £1bn spent at the present rates :slight_smile: - end of Oct unless sign up goes crazy - who’d have thought it :rocket::rocket:
4 Likes

At Monzo’s current 5% weekly growth rate they’ll hit their 1bn user target in September 2020!

5% weekly growth sees the user base double every 14 weeks and is equivalent to just over 1100% annual growth!

3 Likes

275k users and growing…

Hi Alex, user #275,199

— Andrew Ashford (@andrewashford) July 4, 2017
3 Likes

I give up on all my estimates - if Monzo are activating 6500 in one day from your graph Alex :slight_smile:

• order more plastic
  • get a bigger post room
  • start making crowd funding docs earlier

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heh well spotted but they’re not, that was a bit of confusion that I’ll fix later :see_no_evil: yesterday’s user number was actually from a user who signed up last Monday.

1 Like

I am Monzo user 287,003 - activated the card today. Plan to use it as my main way of spending and see how I get on.

2 Likes

Monzo user number #287915 signed up on 6/7/2017 and received my card today 8/7/2017

3 Likes

All sorted now :sweat_smile:

Funnily enough there was a spike (row 600) with ~5k users per day activating their cards between the 1st & the 3rd but I’m guessing that was the Martin Lewis effect & it’s settled back down to ~1.2k per day since then.

The growth line almost went vertical for a moment there! :rocket:

|455.4x214

7 Likes

Feeling chuffed at being User 3227 :sunglasses:

5 Likes

are you chuffed with how high the number is? :wink:

1 Like

That user growth is absolutely insane… I’m sure there is a great white paper that monzo will be able to eventually publish on tactics and results… many thousands of fintech startups that have bitten the dust would have loved this insight… :slight_smile:

If they keep growing at 0.7% a day they will hit 1million users by late February.

4 Likes

That would smash MetroBank who as of 2016 had 780,000 and they have been going for nearly 7 years now

3 Likes

:laughing: If that happened it would be just 12 months from Metro’s Chairman dismissing app-only banks as “all hype” to being brushed aside by one. http://uk.businessinsider.com/metro-bank-founder-vernon-hill-app-only-banks-neobanks-all-hype-2016-12

One of these legacy bankers dismissing Monzo is going to end up with a famous quote on the scale of “there is a world market for maybe 5 computers” or “Television won’t be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months”. I think Vernon is at risk of being that guy :weary:

1 Like

Fingers crossed he is… quite like Steve Balmmer’s “there’s no chance the iPhone is going to get any market share”… however he is still sunning himself on one of his super yachts so he’s clearly quite clever

1 Like

Not the same, but in the right ballpark of “Doing a Ratner”

Got my sister on Monzo :tada: she is user #290152 and card was activated today :smiley:

4 Likes