Notifications should take incoming payments into account

Ah yeah, I see what you mean. I had the same thing yesterday - a notification that I didn’t have enough balance to cover an outgoing and yet the app knew I had an incoming that would cover it. So yeah, I agree with your point.

Yes, I’d agree with that.

I recently had a notification that was broken in a different way.

I usually leave most of my balance in pots and move money for DD’s as/when needed.

I missed the first DD attempt in the morning.

The message read “your DD for x was declined. Move money from pots and try again”. There’s a retry button on the DD.

So far so good. Anyway, through my own mistake, I didn’t move money from pots and try again.

2pm comes and the DD fails again. I receive the same notification, “Move money from pots and try again”.

Only this time, there’s no button to retry. I speak to cops and they confirm there’s no way to retry, even though the notification explicitly says I can do so.

TLDR: 2nd failed DD notification say’s it’s possible to retry DD, even though it’s not.

2 Likes

well you usually don’t get alerts when there is enough money to cover the payment the day after

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Huh?

Balance is 0
I’m got £50 arriving tomorrow into my account
I have a scheduled payment of £50 due out of my account tomorrow.

Monzo can see all of this, but I’ll get a notification even though there is as you say, “enough money to cover the payment the day after”?

I get that however it’s not a guarantee that you will get the money tomorrow as well

I agree a little refinement would be welcome.

Maybe a notification if the incoming payment didn’t clear for whatever reason, along with what isn’t going to get paid as a result.

I suspect the number of pending payments clearing is far higher than those that don’t, which results in a lot of unnecessary notifications.

2 Likes

Did anyone ever start to look into this? It’s still very much an annoyance.

Every week I get them on Thursday before my weekly payday, and at the end of the month both my girlfriend and I get them for our JA.

It’s little QoL fixes like this that go a long way with me.

1 Like

Another month, another “OMG YOU’RE GOING OVERDRAWN TOMORROW” notification when I have a pot withdrawal of exactly the same amount as the standing order happening same day (an hour before, now they’ve fixed the timing issues). :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Another month? I get them every week.

4 Likes

Ugh I’m so sorry.

1 Like

Me too.

Four! A new record!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.