Northern Ireland Monzonauts

Black box or Laverys are too great possible venue choices.

Black box maybe a bit too much on the talk venue side as opposed to a social side though in comparison to laverys.

Queens SU would have been an ideal choice but unfortunately was knocked down in the summer.

Can also count me in as an attendee :blush:

1 Like

Old SU building is still standing but closed being knocked down in March, the Speakeasy has moved round the corner - not sure if available for private bookings though like the Mandela Hall I think was.

Yeah, totally agree though Black box is probs too big if you’re wanting a social event. Lavery’s would probably be the best shout to be honest, as I think they can do projector screen etc. May be better venues but can’t really think of anywhere - some of the hotels may have some facilities :man_shrugging: Probs best to keep it to Cathedral Qtr, City Centre or University Quarter to improve accessibility IMHO.

2 Likes

What about The MAC? Lovely venue

2 Likes

Ahh yes sorry thats what i meant!

Havent been in the new speakeasy so cant comment on its suitability.

MAC would be good also!

1 Like

I’ve been using Monzo for ages now, I love the iOS and Apple Watch integration.

Ben_Luney I think you should be involved with this?

Definitely! I’ve got a few contacts in the Meetup space so I’ll have a chat

1 Like

It’s something Monzo themselves would likely be organising? I’m sure they’d be up for you suggesting venues or points of contact for venues etc. though.

3 Likes

In my local area in Mourne, County Down, it’s weird but when I got my MONZO card, other people started getting them and every time I see someone in work paying with MONZO, I swear I have an hour long convo with fhem😂 I guess that’s the power of MONZO eh?

6 Likes

Id go :slight_smile:

1 Like

I went to a developers meetup in Belfast a few months back wearing my Monzo hoodie and ended up chatting Monzo the whole night :smile: people over here seem to love it!

6 Likes

Team Mourne!

3 Likes