New: The Gadget Show

Starts this Friday evening. Anybody else watch ?

3 Likes

I didn’t even know this was coming back, thanks for the heads up! :+1:

2 Likes

I used too. It really lost my intrest a few years ago. Reviewing good devices but stupid tests that didn’t make any sense.
Also it seemed that the competition took up more screen time than the actual reviews.

1 Like

I used to love this show back in the day - I think it lost its way. Hopefully the new series will bring it back to the show we loved once upon a time.

I love it, always makes me want to go out and buy new gadgets

Used to watch this ages ago, the competitions were something else! Like someone else said I found the product reviews to be getting a bit silly. I might try the new series.

Every year without fail I attended Gadget Show Live. They stopped doing it but looking back, the last show was mostly stands upon stands of insurance companies and pet adoption agencies.

Most of the main Gadget developers pulled out so I was probably for good reason they stopped it

The competitions were so long winded!
Then they had to extend the competition screen time by filming their deliveries to prove that people won.

Nope.

Not since Jason left…he was the heart of the show for me. Seems he has been sidelined by TV producers recently and is now making his own YouTube stuff instead :frowning:

1 Like

Jason brought a good energy, it was a shame when he left.
I have no idea how Jon is still on it, he doesn’t seem to have a clue most of the time…

1 Like

Otis has a good sense of humour,too.

Also like to know the latest in gadgets etc

1 Like

New series started last week :smiley:

New series is back next Friday :frog::+1:

1 Like

Used to love this show years ago. Lost interest in it though, not sure why.

It’s total trash now that show, I’d sooner watch paint dry, they’ve gone way off course from what it used to be and the presenters are pretty naff an all

2 Likes

Wait do people still watch TV?

I stopped watching when it was five minutes of gadgets and 25 minutes of listing what you could win in their latest competition. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I still watch some, though not much. And I’ve moved away from traditional tv completely now, and prefer to watch stuff on my own schedule, usually to accompany some other mundane task, such as consuming food, or exercising. I only really watch for entertainment or to quench boredom when I’m having a lazy day and am not in the mood to spend it catching up on games.

I’m at a point now, where if it’s not on Netflix or Disney+, I won’t be watching it. Or I’ll find a way to watch it that we aren’t really allowed to discuss here. But that’s the fault of the industry that likes to wait a year between releasing a new show in the US and bringing it to the UK. I like a bunch of the Apple TV+ shows too, though not enough to keep paying £5 a month for. I also pay £3.99 per month for ITV+ through amazon prime occasionally. usually for Martin Lewis, or anything with ant and dec, but I’ve recently been enjoying the masked singer too.

I mainly watch anime and YouTube so I don’t bother with Netflix or any streaming service.

Crunchy roll is bad and limited in the UK the p word is the route I choose to go down.

On demand is the way everything’s going to do even if the BBC fails to adapt and becomes a niche.

Spotify is the only streaming service I pay for due to mainstream music in the ads on the free version. My music tastes are mostly 80s Japanese citypop and niche indie stuff.