New Tesla Cybertruck revealed!

Inspired by 1996 Lara Croft and a set square?

Tesla’s website with more photos and specs

1 Like

I’m honestly very torn on this one. Very different to what I expected, amazing spec’s, but my god it is ugly!

3 Likes

Id so buy one. Yet again, I am a massive Blade Runner/Cyberpunk fan.

5 Likes

It looks like it has been rendered by a Super FX chip.

3 Likes

It looks quite cool with that clean, mountain backdrop. It’s going to look really weird in the centre of Slough.

I don’t know why, but it sort-of reminds me of the hybrid, Geoff, that the old Top Gear crew built.

5 Likes

Years ago I remember playing Need for Speed on a hand-me-down PC and when the cars couldn’t load quickly enough they’d look like this which used to be really frustrating…

Moving away from the design trends of their own brand and competition is definitely a gamble but I feel like Tesla (and Elon Musk himself) have built the brand identity where they could release an electric fork and still make it cool.

2 Likes

https://bollingermotors.com/ this is Geoff’s true successor and heir

1 Like

3 Likes

8 Likes

It’s disgusting :face_vomiting:

I stick with my L200 for now

3 Likes

I didn’t actually know they start at only $39k - I say only because I expected Tesla would charge more when you compare this to their other models.

You can secure one with a fully refundable £100 deposit today however you’ll have a lengthy two year minimum wait :scream:

Also, the more I look at it the more it’s growing on me :speak_no_evil:

It’s cheaper because they didn’t have to waste time, umm…designing it.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I’ve put in my preorder. :grimacing:

3 Likes

I wonder if you could make bank on that by pre-ordering a bunch and then selling them in advance with a premium to people who want to skip the queue later on (if you bet that they will always have a queue and won’t be able to keep up with demand).

Up to 150,000 pre-orders so far!

The more I look at it the more I find the design is literally 100% function. Like there are rails along the bed that fit standard tool mounts.

Plus the cost is so cheap, even for the tri motor, in comparison to the average cost of a truck.

1 Like

Black one looks miles better then the steel coloured one they showed off.

6 Likes
1 Like

Does look seriously ace in black

Though could be enhanced just a tiny little bit further by:

4 Likes

I’d only buy it for the flex :gem::gem::moneybag::moneybag: