New badges!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Posting the same complaint repeatedly in different threads

The Level Requirements are based on a number of things over a certain time period. So you can fluctuate between them over time. Right now, you’re at the Member level. But you’re also in the Investors group.

Let me know if you’d like to change your title to Member instead.

can you not change your own on the settings menu on your profile ?

Ok, and done!

Yep, User Card Badge is an old feature that Discourse are considering removing.

In my opinion, the badge system is still a bit confusing. The profile picture badges are technically “avatar flair”, and there’s a whole separate system for ‘Badges’ that you earn by engaging with the forum. I’ll keep working on improving it all, and any suggestions welcome.

2 Likes

Personally I find the forum engagement badges a bit silly, I received a badge for liking a post, reading the guidelines, using an emoji…

1 Like

That’s a Discourse thing, apparently some people like them :slight_smile: I like the alert that a link I’ve shared has had x number of clicks for example.

1 Like

I understand that it’s discourse, but it’s a bit like being back in infants school.

It’s the quality of discourse [sic] here, rather than gamification, that keeps me engaged.

The question was asked earlier but I’m blowed if I can see an answer in amongst this. What’s a Leader, please?

1 Like

The posts explaining our role were hidden because of some minor technical difficulties but I sure I’m ok to share this post from Naji in May 2017 -

This forum is for you, the community, and so the more ownership the community has, the better.

As far as possible we want to empower the Monzo community to moderate the forum as they deem suitable, with our support and guidance. Community leaders are knowledgeable and trusted superstars who drive this forward :star: Feedback on the impact the community leaders have made this year has been overwhelmingly positive, and we believe the community will continue to benefit from their hard work. Thank you to forum leaders past and present!

I wanted to share a more structured overview of the aims, benefits and expectations of the forum leader programme, as a reference for others who may like to be involved in the future. Becoming a community leader doesn’t require you to spend hours a day on the forum, all we ask is that you’re someone who is passionate about creating an engaging, inclusive, and generally awesome community experience for Monzo customers.

What is my role as a forum leader?

Housekeeping

The nature of discussion here means everything doesn’t necessarily have to be neat and tidy but it does help people navigate their way around the site and find relevant threads more easily. As a forum leader you have level 4 trust and the rights to

-close topics
-archive topics
-make topics unlisted
-split and merge topics
-daily like limit increased by 3×

With level 4 trust you also have permissions to unpin topics and edit posts although these permissions are only to be used in cases where sensitive information has been posted by our users.

Flag support issues

New users often head to the forum with support related questions. When they do, it’s important someone from the Monzo team is on hand to advise. At busy times, it’s easy for us to miss these threads, which is where you can step in to help them out! Forum leaders flag threads which require a contribution from the Monzo team, so that we can pick these up and help resolve their issue in a timely manner.

Regular feedback

As someone who is a forum regular, you have a clear idea on what makes a fantastic community experience and strong opinions on how we can improve and what we’re doing well. There is a dedicated community leaders forum category for up to the minute discussion, and your feedback will directly shape the changes and improvements we decide to make across the forum and in others areas of community too. All community members can access and view this. Users with level 3 permissions can post their thoughts here, but only community leaders can start new threads this category.

What’s in it for me?

You get to see your contributions directly impact on, and improve the community experience for thousands of Monzo users across the UK. Forum leaders get automatic entry to all events hosted by us both free and ticketed too. You’ll also get the odd bit of swag in the post :wink:

How do I become a forum leader?

To become a forum leader you need to be nominated by an existing forum leader, who will share and discuss with the other leaders. Discussion will take place in the community leaders Slack channel to keep the chat focused and will be overseen by myself. Provided there are no major objections, the Monzo team will make a final call and invite successful nominees to join the existing leaders community!

There is no deadline or time limit - I expect the forum leaders programme will grow and evolve as Monzo does. Myself and the Monzo team will be working closely with the forum leaders to ensure the best interests of the wider community are at the heart of every decision we make.

Please feel free to leave questions below and @tomsr @Avishai and @hoddzdj are on hand to fill you in on exactly what it means to be a forum leader!

As far as the site’s concerned, being a Leader gives us the abilities that’re listed in the post that Jack’s shared.

3 Likes

Right ho, thanks Alex.

I see we now have new badges again? :eyes: I prefer these, they make it clearer who’s what level and are more self explanatory.

Apologies for the close ups everyone! :smile:

Well spotted! The new badges are a bit more colourful, and give you a better idea of your community rank.

Remember there’s 3 ranks you can get automatically: New, Member & Regular. And level four is awarded when you join the Coral Crew.

More info here.

2 Likes

The badges are fine. But the numbers, are just :face_vomiting: ! (they are also terribly un-sharp on my screen which makes them look double ugly.)

What device are you using? They look very crisp on my MacBook and iPhone 7.

2 Likes

Windows 10 PC with Chrome.

Looking crisp on chrome here also :man_shrugging:t3:

Do they, really? I only realised after I came here and read your post, that that’s what they are likely meant to refer to. They look the same as the notification badge at the top right, so at first I thought it had something to do with recent activity / notifications.

2 Likes

Means the coral crew badge doesn’t look like a spot anymore so I’m happy

3 Likes