New account question

hello
I have just moved back to the UK from abroad, and was told about this account, can anyone tell me if this account is a good option to have, my options are slim, because i have now UK credit rating anymore, and will this help me.
thank you

It is a good account to have (not only for those just arriving in the UK, but for most people!). Your credit rating shouldn’t prevent you opening an account, so give it a try. :smiley:

I can not recommend it enough.
I have multiple banks, monzo is the one I recommend to anyone I know.
You won’t regret it.
They are currently offering £5 for opening and using an account. If someone told you about monzo ask them for their link so they get the credit also. If not happy to send you mine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep. As long as you have a UK address, Monzo is a good option. If you apply today, you should get your card by the day after tomorrow (not many banks do that).

Your credit rating, or lack of, should be immaterial. There is nothing to lose by opening account, so you might as well go for it.

If you want a free £5 when/if you open your account, DM me your email address, and I’ll send you a link

1 Like

Welcome back to the UK… Monzo excellent bank for me. I have the uks worst credit rating, and Monzo joined me up sent me a card 2 days later. For that alone, I’m not going anywhere else. Go for it

4 Likes

thanks for your reply, did this help you with your credit rating ?

I doubt it did.

But credit rating is a long term game anyway.

For bank accounts, this is the best account to have.

1 Like

thank you everyone, sounds like a good bank to try, i tried two of the big banks and was told both times, because of my 10 years away from the UK, its effected my credit, and therefore cant offer us a account.
found that strange, so how do all the non residents get bank accounts???

do you know if there is a fee to just have the account, is there a minimum amount to have in the account at all times?

As long as you can pass ID checks then any banks listed on the following site should be offering you a basic bank account:

No fee, no minimum.

Just a passport number and video for ID purposes.

1 Like

video ???

Yea, you literally have to look into your phone camera and state that you want to open a monzo account, something along those lines.

It’s purely for security reasons so that they can verify you are who you say you are with your other ID.

thanks for all your help

2 Likes

Hi, don’t think so…it’s still crap​:grin::smirk:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.