Nationwide as a backup bank?

Yeah, the alternative is to open a 5% regular saver with First Direct, maximum deposit of £300/month.

Yeah, I got that one in April too lol

You can, but HSBC is the only (afaik) bank that sometimes asks for proof of income to show you can afford the £1750/m.

I CASSed to HSBC almost a year ago. They gave me a £125 ”bribe” for doing so. They emailed me yesterday to say they’ll soon be sending me another £50 for staying with them for a year.

In my case, they did not ask for proof of income.

I don’t know if they do ask others?

They will, of course, check one’s credit record prior to giving you an account.

They do.

As did I. I’m not saying you’re saying they don’t. :roll_eyes:

I did a CASS to HSBC Advance to pick up £150, I can see the search was done 25 Sept 2018.

They didn’t ask for proof of income, but I had to book an appointment and go there in person which was a pain. They also tried to give me a something like a £10k or £15k credit card without me asking.

They paid the £150 six days after opening and then I immediately CASSd to NatWest Reward.

Looks like anyone wanting a free £175 has until Monday. This is why it’s great to have a spare burner bank account.

Anyone who’s not had an HSBC current account since 1 January 2016

The only HSBC you definitely do need proof of income (£75k) or (will) have £50k in savings/investments is the Premier account.

Sneaky!!

1 Like